Senior Data Analyst – Treasury
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Treasury team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise's mission, grow as an analyst and data scientist, and help deliver product experiences that delights our customers and drives our growth.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Treasury team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise's mission, grow as an analyst and data scientist, and help deliver product experiences that delights our customers and drives our growth.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help run the engine of the company delivering funds to wherever in the world our customers need them as fast as possible. Your team is also entrusted with managing risk from currency rate fluctuations allowing us to offer customers the real mid-market rate.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team
- Analytics Product Ownership
- Take ownership of the team’s data and analytics assets, i.e. data pipelines, dashboards, analytical models and ensure roadmaps are in place to improve quality / address any known weaknesses at the required pace
- Ensure the data and analytics assets are discoverable and leveraged
- Contribute to overall analytics strategy, ensuring that data and analytics is discoverable and leveraged
- You will help automating treasury operational decisions, dig in piles of data to find golden insights.
- You will help us manage liquidity and mitigate FX risk in the smartest way, build operational tools and develop data controls for operations processes.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as an Analyst – Analysts at TransferWise have a broad remit and skillset. You’ll develop to make real customer impact, from analysis to feature engineering
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You’ve experience working across product teams, supporting them with data, and driving operational change. Core to this will be the ability to define key product metrics and track ongoing product improvements. You should be comfortable defining metrics that track cost, risk and operational efficiency.
- You have worked with data modelling or forecasting and are able to make strong, data-based recommendations to product teams.
- You’re proficient with database, analytics and visualisation technologies (we use Snowflake, Looker and Python, but other stacks are welcome).
- You have experience in working on financial data and have worked with FP&A, financial controllers or auditors.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across our offices. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, prioritise your focus based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish.
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into concise and actionable insights
- You are a story-teller of data and can communicate your findings to different stakeholders. You can summarise the complex, and present data visually in a way that makes people say “got it!”
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Analytics team
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.