As a financial technology service/company moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Due to continued and rapid growth we’re on the hunt for an experienced Finance professional to join our Finance team in Shoreditch, London. You’ll be part of the team that helps pilot the rocket ship.
- Your main focus will be on building frameworks (models and reports) to analyse TransferWise cost base, identify risk and opportunities and derive actionable insight
- You’ll provide deep dives on key business and financial metrics and focus on actuals to forecast variance comparison to drive accuracy, optimal decision making and develop strategy
- This will involve working with stakeholders within and outside Finance to deeply understand TransferWise’s business, and drivers of our cost and financials including partnering with Department leads (Customer Support, Engineering, Design etc), other teams within Finance (Financial Controllers and Accounting) and other analysts at TransferWise
- You’ll use this deep knowledge to help build a narrative on our results and manage communications and reporting to various stakeholders: internally to our leadership team, and externally to investors and debt holders.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play a crucial role – in using data to help understand TransferWise’s financial growth, shape financial strategy and evolve the Finance team.
- Own your own path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Learn and grow – there’s a lot to be done!
A bit about you:
- 7+ years experience building financial models, owning budgeting / cost analysis
- Extensive experience in building budgets from scratch, establishing effective policies and procedures, implementing cost controls and monitoring ongoing spend – to help the organisation operate smoothly and grow sustainably
- Experience developing reports based on employee data, customizing elements of the ERP system and adjusting the user interface and usability of ERP. A working knowledge of Anaplan is a bonus
- Worked closely with Human Resources to ensure that workforce planning strategy, tools and processes are in sync with cost planning
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS reporting and general accounting concepts.
- Good command of SQL. A working knowledge of Python/R is a bonus.
- Passionate about what we’re building at TransferWise.
- Love digging in data, numbers, thinking systematically, and analyzing inter-dependencies.
- Keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still.
- Strong communicator: articulate, clear, strategic – with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, keen to learn. Firm and forceful when required.
- Able to operate to defined timelines while bringing together a diverse stakeholder group.
- Able to work across multiple teams, offices, time-zones (and travel when needed!) with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast moving agile tech based multinational environment
- Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA, with proven post qualification experience
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.