Customer Support Associate (Polish Speaker)
We’re looking for a Polish speaking Customer Support agent to join our growing Customer Support team in Budapest, Hungary. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission in helping our customers have a great experience when using TransferWise.
TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 6 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a passionate Polish and English speaking Customer Service Associate to join our thriving team in Budapest, Hungary to play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience when using TransferWise.
What does it take?
- Help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat
- Be flexible working during business hours but sometimes covering an evening or weekend shift (we’ll get you a cab home if you finish after 11pm).
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work independently without a script and solve complex problems working with other teams
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers
- Work autonomously – at TransferWise you get in what you put out so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
Is that you?
- You’re legally authorised to work full time in Hungary (we can’t sponsor visas for this role)
- Your verbal and written English and Polish skills are excellent
- You can multitask and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You’re flexible and have a razor sharp attention to detail
- You hustle. And hard.
- You’ll ideally have worked in customer service before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience.
Based on the need of our customers, you might be assigned to work in a team where only you English skills would be needed.
How we work:
We work differently and we’re proud of it. As part of our support team, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience with TransferWise. You’ll also be the link between our customers and teams, helping our product teams identify areas for improvement.
There’s no script and no hand holding and we trust each other to get stuff done. At TransferWise you’ll have the opportunity to have real impact, grow your skill set and work across our entire business.
This is not your average customer service job.
Interested? Check out this vlog to find out more about life in our Customer Support team.
NOTE: Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝
Successful candidates from the application review will be sent a short video interview and a test through HireVue (check your spam folder!). You’ll be given a few info links and some “customer emails” to answer. We’ll be looking at your spelling, grammar, accuracy of the information you provide, and your tone.
Pro tip: Make sure you’ve got a quiet place and about an hour free to complete this stage! 💻
Interview with the team
You’re going meet with one of our Customer Support Team Leads and a team member online, via Zoom. You’ll discuss your experience and skills, your motivation for this position & TransferWise, and how well you fit in with our mission and values. (1 hour)
Pro tip: TransferWise is a mission-driven company, so make sure you’ve looked us up and come to the interview prepared to talk through how you can add to that mission! Make sure you’ve been to our website or app and know what our products are. Test out sending a transfer to get the customer’s experience (you don’t have to complete it 😉). We’d love to hear feedback on your experience or how we can improve! 🔎
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.