TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our growing team in Budapest. Working alongside the Engineering Recruitment Lead you will have the chance to take part in building the team culture and to have a massive impact on shaping our engineering recruitment. The role will start with a 12 months fixed term contract with the intention to convert to a permanent role after the first year.
For our customers, using TransferWise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact onTransferWise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Recruitment Team:
- Help us scale our Engineering Organisation over the next few years so we can help more customers save money using TransferWise
- Build world class recruitment flows alongside the hiring teams with strategy and process at the heart of data driven decisions
- Build long-term relationships with talented people and guide them through a seamless end-to-end recruitment process, supporting them every step of the way
- Give our candidates an awesome experience, even if they weren’t successful (you never know, the perfect role might come up later), and build a strong talent network locally and internationally
- Define the best way of sourcing globally to attract the best engineering talent from around the world
- Work closely together with our Employer Brand and Marketing team to set up recruitment marketing campaigns, and organise various events
- Partner with our hiring teams to support them through their hiring initiatives including on-boarding, talent mapping, salary benchmarking
- Use data to figure out the blockers to hiring, communicate how these can be achieved and continually optimise the process to make sure it is globally scalable
- Collaborate with the wider People team so contracts, visas, background checks and on-boarding happen like clockwork
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand that everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in London, Tallinn, Budapest, Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You are an experienced Recruiter with a proven track record of success recruiting for tech roles
- You have a network of trusted contacts and measure success in candidate satisfaction
- You’re a great sourcer who finds joy in sourcing for the best people for your hiring teams and you have creative ways of finding potential talent
- You don’t get scared when you hear terms like Boolean search or X-ray and you find your way around sourcing on various platforms
- You are ready to go beyond sourcing candidates and managing the interview process and look at the bigger picture – you can spot great candidates who’ll fit with our culture not just those with the purest skill set
- You are an adaptable self-starter – someone who can use their own initiative to keep things running at pace and won’t wait for answers
- You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and an ever-changing environment
- You are a creative problem solver. A tricky niche role won’t get you down. It’s a challenge that just spurs you on to find a new approach and try something new. You're curious and get a real kick out of learning different skills
- You are a confident communicator and influencer, comfortable talking to people of any level, whether it’s in person, on the phone or in writing. You understand how best to adapt your approach to your audience
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’ve worked in or recruited for a startup or high growth company before
- You’ve got a background in product, tech or analytics recruitment
- You’ve got experience in in-house recruitment
Some of your benefits:
- A competitive salary including stock options as we’re buildingTransferWise together and want you to share in the success of a $3.5billion company on a mission
- Flexible working as success isn’t measured by the amount of time you spend in the office so work out what works best for you whether that’s different hours or working from home.
- A sabbatical: After 4 years everyone has the option to take a 6-week sabbatical with £1000 spending money.
- Alongside tangible benefits like stock and sabbaticals here you’ll do so much more than fit into an existing system. You’ll help take TransferWise to the next level and have fun along the way with team lunches, company away days and of course… office dogs!
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.