Senior Product Manager – Europe Expansion
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Regional Expansion - Europe team working from our London office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a product person and help save millions for our customers in Europe and around the world.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Every month, we move billions of Euros to and from Europe for our customers. Your mission is to make sending, spending, and receiving money in the region convenient, instant, and close to free – as well as finding ways to reach the potential customers we’re not yet helping.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll take ownership of one of our major products in Europe – for example, the money transfer product or our European multi-currency account
- Your primary job will be to deeply understand customer needs, translate this to solutions, and then work with the wider product team to execute the solutions
- However, the scope of a regional expansion PM is broad and you’ll own the product end to end. For example, you’ll need to actively control how your products influence operational workload, understand the regulatory environment they operate in, control for financial crime risks, and so on
- You won’t be limited to this scope – if the biggest opportunities you see are outside your day-to-day scope, you’re empowered to focus the team on these opportunities
- To achieve this our mission requires a team, and one of the key aspects of the job will be to align the wider team on what we need to build in Europe. You’ll work closely with the developers on your team, but also with our commercial banking team to build partner relationships, various operational teams, our finance team, our compliance and risk teams, and others. You’ll also work closely with another PM
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal – you will need to figure out how we can get to our mission of 100% transfers being instant faster
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build state-of-the-art products focusing on expanding the TransferWise offering in Europe specifically
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
A bit about you:
- Making decisions, framing problems, and providing direction – You can differentiate the signal from the noise, break problems into their components, and align groups on what’s truly important
- You have fresh ideas – You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- Communicating clearly and logically – Your communication style is laser clear, succinct, and professional
- You’re data-driven – In a world of conflicting signals, you are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired. You’ll need to show us you’re dedicated to utilize or to master any type of data analytics tools (eg. SQL or Python or Business Analytics tools) quickly, to be able to self-serve your own analyses
- You are curious and actively reflect – None of us have a perfect skillset, but you’re continuously conscious of what you’d like to learn next and curious enough to follow through
- You’ve got a superpower – While most PMs are generalists, we’d like you to show that you’ve got a deep skill and can contribute as an individual as well as a manager
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Prior experience in banking, payments, finance, or a related field
- Expertise in designing digital customer experiences
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Product team
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.