We’re looking for a Customer Service Agent who has an excellent command of both Thai and English to join our growing team in Singapore. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission in helping our customers have a great experience when using TransferWise.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Help customers have the best experience possible with our product working across email, phone and chat
- Be flexible working during business hours but sometimes covering an early morning, evening or weekend shift (we’ll get you a cab home if you finish after 11pm)
- Go above and beyond the call of duty: work with less supervision and solve complex problems working with other teams
- Grow through mentoring and side projects with other teams, developing your skills and figuring out how to have a big impact on our customers
- Work autonomously – at TransferWise you get in what you put out so you’ll need to take the initiative when it comes to your career progression
- Hold a Singaporean citizenship or permanent residency (please note we cannot support Visas for this role)
- Have excellent verbal and written English and Thai skills
- Are flexible. While you’ll set your own schedule, the requirements can change based on our customers needs, so we can’t guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time
- Have a razor sharp attention to detail. Can multitask and take responsibility in challenging situations.
- You hustle. And hard.
- Are flexible. You’ll ideally have worked in customer service before, but don’t worry if you haven’t. We’re willing to work with the right person as long as they’re passionate and always striving to give a great customer experience.
How we work:
We work differently and we’re proud of it. As part of our support team, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers have a great experience with TransferWise.
You’ll also be the link between our customers and teams, helping our product teams identify areas for improvement.
There’s no script and no hand holding and we trust each other to get stuff done.
At TransferWise you’ll have the opportunity to have real impact, grow your skill set and work across our entire business.
This is not your average customer service job.
Interested? Check out this vlog to find out more about life in our Customer Support team.
NOTE: Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝
Take Home Test
Successful candidates from the application review will be sent a link to a 2 part assessment. The first part is a 📹video assessment where you’ll get a chance to let us know who you are as a person. In the second part you’ll be given a few info links and some “customer emails” to answer where we’ll be looking at your spelling, grammar, accuracy of the information you provide, and your tone.
Be sure to leave up to an hour and a half for this test.
Pro tip: Make sure the device 💻you are using has a functioning microphone and camera as you will be recording your answers in this test. Also, it is recommended to use a computer as the written part will require going through our FAQ and writing proper emails 🧐
You’re going meet with one of our Customer Support Team Leads and a team member online, via Zoom. You’ll discuss your experience and skills, your motivation for this position & TransferWise, and how well you fit in with our mission and values. (1 hour)
Pro tip: TransferWise is a mission-driven company, so make sure you’ve looked us up and come to the interview prepared to talk through how you can add to that mission! 🚀
You’re going to do your final interview with one of our Senior Team Leads, also online. This will be a deeper discussion on your mentality and practical skills for the role. (30 minutes)
Pro tip: Make sure you’ve been to our website or app and know what our products are. Test out sending a transfer to get the customer’s experience (you don’t have to complete it 😉). We’d love to hear feedback on your experience or how we can improve! 🔎
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Singapore office
TransferWise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.