Group Product Manager – NorthAm Partner API Growth
We’re looking for a product leader to join our growing North America team in New York. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader to lead our team focused on ensuring TransferWise can work with leading technology, e-commerce and financial platforms to help customers manage their money in a borderless world. While TransferWise has historically provided customers and businesses directly with convenient, fast and cheap cross-border financial needs, we are increasingly doing so via the power of APIs with our partners, which include banks, accounting platforms, payments companies, e-commerce companies and more. Our partners include N26, Xero, GoCardless, Bolt and many others.
This is a unique opportunity to join our mission to make money without borders instant, convenient and eventually free for millions of people across North America – and to work with leading partners in reaching those customers faster than we would doing so alone.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the North America Team:
- You’ll help other businesses work with TransferWise to save their customers money and time when managing their money transfers and other needs across international borders
- You’ll multiply TransferWise’s growth rate by unlocking core functionality through the power of APIs and cross-border payments infrastructure – in short, the products you build will help TransferWise reach consumers and small businesses wherever they are managing their money in global environments. You can check out our API docs online to understand the current state of the product.
- You'll lead, coach and grow a team locally in North America, as well as shape the API vision for TransferWise globally
- You’ll scale a best in class product across the US and Canada while ensuring the learnings you have in-market are shared back with our other global regions and you are building a global API platform that truly works across borders
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- As a true trailblazer at TransferWise, in this role you’ll be defining and carving out a new space critical to our US, Canada and international growth
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- You understand how to build products and teams from the ground up – importantly you understand how to build APIs as end-products and understand how to work with partners to unlock the core use cases those APIs enable
- You have empathy for your partners as customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms)
- You can clearly articulate and measure the customer value of the products you and your team build and launch: you prioritise based on the value you add for customers
- You understand how to size and prioritize opportunities with business development teams, all while ensuring we don’t build for just one-partner; rather we build API products that scale for many partners
- You can lead people and build teams that deliver at scale – whether that is hiring for new talent or getting the best out of the existing team
- You see opportunities not blockers and are able to inspire your team to dream big, align on a vision and find a clear a path to get there
- You understand technology and have worked in API partner or customer environments – you know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features
- You are hands-on and enjoy solving problems and getting things shipped by yourself as well. You may have used SQL, written code or been the stand-in designer in a previous role. Everyone at TransferWise gets involved in executing projects, even our CEO!
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Experience in fintech or e-commerce
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. payments, finance, etc)
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Product team
From the blog
Explore our New York office
A space as unique as the city. Here you’ll enjoy a full slice of TransferWise as we build the new world of money.