As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
We’re looking for an experienced data specialist in business reporting to join the Finance team in our London office. As part of the Reporting team, you will be working closely with the FP&A team, Business Intelligence team as well as the wider Finance teams, to report and analyse data. You’ll be key in helping us analyse the past to shape our future.
- You’ll work with the wider Finance teams to understand, define and report on KPIs.
- You’ll analyse financial information and provide business insights using data analytics.
- You’ll enrich the data visualisation function of business reporting via tools and resources e.g. Tableau and Looker.
- You’ll develop and implement business deep-dives and ad-hoc analysis bringing together analysis from reporting and other finance teams.
- You’ll streamline and automate reports and processes.
- You’ll improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal controls in the reporting processes.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to shape the business reporting function of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe.
- Own your own path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – help build efficient financial reporting processes and controls and gain experience that will allow you to grow with the Finance team.
- Work in an international Finance Team – and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company.
- You have built complex SQL queries from scratch for financial analysis, reports and models.
- You are an excel wizard and have extensive experience in automating reports.
- You have advanced data visualisation skills and have extensive experience in building dashboards in platforms such as Tableau or Looker.
- You have dealt with internal or external stakeholders frequently, communicating reports, definitions, requirements etc.
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here), learn new data structures and new analysis languages e.g. Python.
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs and meeting deadlines.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- You are passionate about driving change, making improvements and helping stakeholders.
- You are not afraid of making decisions, can work autonomously and take initiative.
Bonus points for
- You have experience with KPI management in the financial services industry.
- You have international experience: working experience abroad or in an international company, demonstrating ability to work across cultures and a good handling of cultural differences.
- You understand the fundamentals of finance and accounting.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options package
- Awesome benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find TransferWise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.