Product Manager – Customers Funds & Safeguarding
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Treasury team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise's mission, and build the engine that powers the revolution, Money without Borders.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help us hold funds in a safe, compliant and efficient way wherever in the world our customers need them.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team
- From your experience working on regulated products and understanding of financial compliance you will help us safeguard customer funds in the smartest way
- You will automate operational decisions, build operational tools and develop controls for operations processes to make sure we can continue scaling
- You’ll improve our speed of allocating safeguarding assets and identify the most impactful opportunities for us to improve costs sustainably to reduce prices to customers
- You’ll take responsibility for connecting safeguarding efficiently with other treasury systems and processes as well as supporting our regional operations, product and compliance teams in developing safeguarding in new jurisdictions
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Once travelling becomes safe again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel and work with our teams in Tallinn and Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Grow as a leader – You will scale and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
- You have experience building products in a regulated environment, you have worked with compliance professionals and turned policies into products
- You have gone through audits and know how to build controls on your product, asses them and defend your rational
- You delivered tools or internal products that optimise and scale financial operations environment (Trading, Cash Management, Pricing, Risk management, etc. )
- You have empathy for your customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions)
- You are comfortable building products where there’s high degree of ambiguity on what to build in order to drive growth or mitigate risk
- You are hands-on with data and enjoy diving in to find insights
- You can easily communicate complex ideas to various crowds
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- You know your way around basic back-end development
- You are familiar with accounting terminology and frameworks
- You worked with Data Scientists on real-time MLAI models
- You are comfortable with getting your own data using SQLPythonetc and build dashboards using BI tools like Lookertableau
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Product team
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.