A bit about the role
As TransferWise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot the rocket ship. Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements
- Work with Group Financial Controller, Regional Controllers, Reporting and Tax Teams to ensure financial compliance, including controlling local audits and outsource firms
- Help the Regional Finance team in performing day-to-day overview of legal entities, including analysing financial results, preparing and reviewing regulatory reporting, making sure necessary financial controls are performed
- Work with finance teams, especially Finance Product team (software engineers) to ensure systems, controls and processes are prepared for regional requirements
- Depending on the experience ownership of some legal entities financials
A bit about you
- Relevant experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, financial advisory or management accounting.
- Knowledge of IFRS and strong understanding of accounting principles.
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here)
- Assessing and concluding on complex accounting matters, including setting up accounting policies, preparing accounting treatment papers etc
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
Type of person:
- You have a passion for what we’re building at TransferWise and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.