Who we are
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders — so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over Wise.
What you’ll be working on
You will be working as part of the Security team in our Security Program subteam. This team is focused on the GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) area of security. In this team you can make sure that trust of 8 million Wise customers is being kept by passing yearly ISO27001, SOC1, SOC2 audits and PCI DSS for company processing £4 billion in transactions every month. You are expected to help the external auditors with internal evidence gathering and making sure that any gaps are being addressed. You can work with regulations across the whole world and incorporate new requirements into our global policies. As we expand, Security Program team is helping business and banking teams with new regulators to prove that Wise is secure. You can influence the awareness of 2200+ employees with e-learns and classroom training. Together with Security Ops, Privacy, Compliance and Legal teams you will find new ways to keep our customers and Wise safe and compliant in all regions across the world.
- Passionate about Information Security
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience with implementing ISO27001, PCI DSS, SOC 2 or similar standard
- Knowledge and experience of Risk Management
- Experience with drawing IT architecture and network diagrams
- At least basic knowledge of secure development and security principles in engineering
- Self-starter with a track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and as well as working independently
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are willing to travel, to work and learn with other teams
- Be excited to work in a high-growth company, and throw themselves fully into a revolution
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with
Nice to haves
- Familiar with Mac terminal and Ubuntu
- Experience with any kind of GRC tools
- Relevant Information Information Security qualification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Willingness to work towards relevant Information Security qualifications
- Experience with Secure Development Lifecycle;
- Experience with our technical stack (https://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/)
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.