We’re looking for an Expansion Lead to help us grow our issuing and acquiring business globally. This is a unique and exciting pioneering opportunity to help among others launch and grow Wise’s debit card program in several new markets, allowing millions more potential customers to save money by using our services.
This is not your typical business development / relationship manager role. You will have full responsibility for overseeing our global partnerships with card schemes, acquirers, card manufacturers and any other companies in the cards ecosystem. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to launch cards and other spending methods in a new market, get better deals from partners or support product development efforts by identifying the right partner and bringing them on board. Through your work, you will have the ability to directly influence our issuing and acquiring product capabilities globally.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the product team to prioritise new market launches, product changes and new features, as needed for any individual market.
- Identify the most appropriate way to launch cards and other spending methods in a new market. In some cases you will work directly with the product team to do so; other times you will also work with the respective regional coverage teams to make sure we have all the elements (regulatory, banking partners ) for this.
- Manage our global relationships with card schemes: Work closely with the Digital teams at various card schemes to ensure that Wise is getting the most of the partnership. Ensure that any commercial targets are achieved; work with scheme partners to ideate on new products that can then be brought to the product team for discussion and implementation
- Manage other ecosystem partnerships: Wise has a number of relationships with acquirers, card manufacturers and other companies that complement the work we do. Ensure that we have superior commercial arrangements with these partners; monitor the relationships and jump in to support product teams as needed
- Manage the relationship with regulators / government departments either directly or through the local compliance teams as needed.
A bit about you:
- Experience in FinTech, payments or regulation
- The ideal candidate would have around 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 2-3 years in issuing or acquiring roles. We will consider strong applicants with lower experience.
- Able to get stuff done. Not afraid to get hands dirty to deliver what is needed.
- Experience of managing global relationships with financial services organizations such as card schemes, banks, acquirers, payments companies etc.
- An analytical thinker. You have the ability to figure out the ideal operational and commercial process with every new country / partner
- Able to understand regulations across various jurisdictions, and make pragmatic, risk-based decisions on how these need to be implemented
- Happy to work independently
- Passionate about transforming the financial industry for good
- You are willing to travel to our global offices as needed
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and get the responsibility for making things happen
- Gain international exposure – you will work with our teams in offices around the world and sometimes meet with regulators as well
- Be a part of starting something new by helping launch new Wise products
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Banking and Expansion team
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.