Technical Product Manager – Security
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Security Product team in the London office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The Security Team is responsible for the global security features of the Wise products.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to our Security Product Team:
- You’ll help the team uncover new opportunities to increase convenience, scale up and remove risk from our login, sign up, account recovery and account management flows.
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of our customers’ problems and work with a full stack product development team and many operational teams to solve them.
- You’ll pave the way for quick and iterative development, allowing for teams to execute unblocked and with clear hypotheses.
- You’ll drive out unknowns to ensure efficient delivery of features and tests to prove/disprove your hypothesis.
- You’ll identify and filter out noise to help the team understand what is essential to our objectives and what is not, as well as when and how to course correct or pivot as needed.
A bit about you:
- You have development experience working with microservice architecture and cloud technologies.
- You can optimise for the best customer experience while maintaining low risk on key flows.
- You have empathy for customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms).
- You can help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features.
- Have guided scoping discussions and helped a team make sure they execute efficiently.
- Can diagnose problems quickly.
- Can demonstrate structured/effective methods for understanding and quantifying customer feedback.
- Have an understanding which KPI’s are addressable and create dashboards for monitoring and actively measuring impact/progress.
- Understand the greater implication of projects and impact to other teams, making clear how our plans will impact teams, customers, regulations or release plans and what dependencies we may face.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- A background in application security
- You can create SQL queries on your own and build dashboards using BI tools like Looker and Mixpanel
- You have worked with external vendors before and you feel comfortable negotiating with them.
Interested? Read more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Product team
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.