As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials.
We’re looking for an experience Product Manager to join our fast growing Finance team in London. Wise is rapidly expanding globally, creating new products to consumers and businesses, and entering new jurisdictions. This is a unique opportunity to build a part of the bigger Finance Product (Systems) which supports Wise in being financially compliant and ensures our bigger team can make timely, accurate and sustainable business decisions based on a global set of financials.
- The Product Onboarding team ensures that anything happening in Wise that has a financial impact is integrated into our financial systems and is properly recorded and controlled. This requires working with a lot of product and engineering teams and finance stakeholders on understanding how things work in Wise and how they translate to compliant financials.
- You will figure out a plan and work with a team of product managers, engineers, analysts and operations specialists to onboard all new Wise products, regions and entities to our Finance systems.
- You will work with internal finance teams, such as Accounting, Tax, Reporting and Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure clean, accurate and compliant financials in all our entities worldwide in a timely manner.
- You’ll be responsible for understanding the why and how of the Wise and Finance product so you can communicate the Wise story to anyone. This includes explaining complex technical areas to finance stakeholders and financial concepts to engineers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance area, fintech and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
- Participate in building of a high volume real time Financial product (system), which allows us to make a lot of business decisions every day
- Own your path to success. In Wise you have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
A bit about you:
- You create energy and clarity. You have great communication skills that help you bring people together behind a common goal, manage multiple points of view and create clarity and organisation into complex problems and diverse teams.
- You love to get things done. You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- You enjoy getting deep into the processing logic. You like to be thorough and understand how things work and all their dependencies in-depth. You don’t mind working in the non-customer facing team and bringing clarity to the team over complicated processes.
You have proven experience in the following areas:
- Managing whole product development process from scoping to delivery and post production support for multiple products/projects at the same time
- Being able to independently make sense of complex topics and break them down into smaller, more manageable pieces
- Agile software development methodologies and tools
- SQL and understanding of complex datasets
- Communication with stakeholders of different levels
- Building product roadmaps or managing quarterly plans
Nice to Haves:
- Working with business analytics tools (e.g. Looker)
- Principles of accounting & financials
- Setting up KPI’s/OKR’s for the team/area
- You are thirsty for knowledge in building multi service high volume financial systems and in understanding reasons for having timely, accurate, compliant and sustainable financials.
- Technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it’s a secret passion. You need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers, accountants and other finance professionals.
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.