Social Media Customer Support Associate
We’re looking for a new English speaking Social Media Customer Support Associate to join our growing team of Social CS Rockstars in our Tampa, Florida office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. This role is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about both providing an exceptional customer experience and social media to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $16.00/hour, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and a wide array of other benefits!
- Create a wonderful customer experience for our English speaking customers online across all of our social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) – and understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to our success
- You should be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with both customers and colleagues
- Constantly stay up-to-date on social media processes and applications and look for new ways to use them to help our customers & team
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers, using your voice to guide them and take ownership over cases to increase your product knowledge and find a resolution for the customer. We’re all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn’t just a job to us! 🚀
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We’re a data driven company and we all have performance metrics to maintain, but we don’t believe in scripts or dress codes and we embrace everyone for who they are. We’re not interested in drama, only good Karma! 💙
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We’re 2200+ Wisers strong, with over 70 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on this, but we also take care of our teams and leave ego at the door! 🌎
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whether you’re starting a side project from scratch or working with a product team to offer expert customer insight on a feature – whatever the mission, we get it done! 💫
A bit about you:
- You have exceptional verbal & written English skills – The main responsibility of this role is responded to questions and comments on social media channels, so we’ll be evaluating your communication skills throughout the process starting with the application… put your best foot forward with flawless spelling and grammar!
- You have previous customer support experience – previous experience providing customer support online (via social media, chat, community management, etc.) is a definite plus
- You’re flexible. Open to working days, nights, weekends, and some holiday shifts. While your scheduling preferences are taken into consideration, the scheduling requirements can change based on our customer’s needs, so we can’t guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time
- You’re a master behind the keyboard. You’re an expert typer, at least 45 words per minute, and you quickly pick up how to navigate and use new software and online tools. You also understand social media and how a company manages customer support using the different channels – to be clear, this is a customer support position, not a content creation role
- You’re organized. You can multitask – you’re also punctual, reliable, and methodical in your approach with a solution-oriented mindset – and you’ve got a sharp attention to detail which makes learning new systems and procedures a breeze
- You’re cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You’re growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you’re adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You’re a team-player. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will. Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
A bit more about you:
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Any additional languages are a plus!
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a permanently remote position. This is a full-time position in Tampa, Florida
Here’s a few articles for you to read to learn more about our culture and product
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.