Group Design Lead
We’re looking for a Group Design Lead for our money transfer product, based in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a Design leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission is to improve our customers’ experience when they send money. You’ll do this by leading a group of Product Designers, Content Designers and Design Researchers embedded in a handful of product teams (the Send squad) .
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Send squad
- Owning the quality of design work for our Send product, developing the skills and impact of the designers, researchers and content designers in the squad.
- Showing product teams how to fully leverage Design to increase their impact. Creating the space for good design work to happen.
- Collaborating with peers in Product Management and Engineering to align plans and support work across several teams to deliver one, seamless customer experience.
- Assigning the right people and Design skills to the highest-impact work. Hiring and onboarding as needed.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Get hands-on and help teams ship outstanding work that has a positive impact on our 10 million customers.
- Coach and grow a multi-disciplinary group of designers, researchers and writers to do their best work.
- Demonstrate the power of good design in product teams, from insight to execution. Not only in the form of high-quality output, but more importantly on the impact it has on customers and the business.
- Influence our product strategy and teams’ plans, helping them use Design thinking to create coherent, valuable customer experiences.
- Play a role in our mission – to build money without borders for people and businesses all over the world.
- You’re an experienced Design Leader. You’ve shipped world-class consumer products yourself, and you’ve led others to do the same.
- You’re T-shaped, strong in at least one design discipline, but able to guide and coach across the broader spectrum of design skills.
- You’re business-savvy, and capable of understanding the wider context for your work. You set clear-sighted, pragmatic directions for designers.
- You’ve successfully supported Designers, Content Designers and Researchers to increase their impact and progress in their career.
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.