Payment Operations Specialist – Latin America
We’re looking for a new Payment Operations Specialist to join our Latin America team in the Tampa office! The requirement for this role is English speaking, however, if you are Spanish or Portuguese speaking that is an advantage.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. This role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing FinTech companies – in the team that actually moves the money around the world! – working with product developers, customer support teams, treasuries, banking partners and more in our cross-border Latin America Operations team, helping millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
You'll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $20.00 per hour, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and a wide array of other benefits!
- Keep an eye on the payments’ engine and solve payment-related problems
- Together with your team build solid ownership of operational processes
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
A bit about you:
- You’re fully fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written skills – Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills are preferred and an advantage but are not required
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced, finance or banking sector environment
- You are flexible with your working hours and don’t mind helping our customers’ even if it is an occasional weekend or public holiday
- You focus on accuracy, are independent, and pay attention to every detail. You enjoy owning your work and leading projects when needed
- You’re a great communicator – straight up, clear, and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences – You’re also able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- This is not a directly customer-facing position, but you place customer's needs and experience with Wise first and you make no compromise on this
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visas for this role
- This is NOT a permanently remote position, this is a full-time position located in Tampa, Florida
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You know how to use data to prioritize tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You have worked in a cross-border team – knowing those challenges and how to overcome them
- Any additional language is an advantage!
- Application Review – Please be detailed in your replies to the application questions, we consider these answers strongly along with your resume. We’ll move the best candidates forward to the HireVue assessment.
- HireVue Assessment – This is a 2-part online assessment, here you’ll be emailed an invite to record 5 video responses 🎥 and then you’ll be given 4 logic based written questions to complete. This should take roughly 30-45 minutes.
- First Interview – Successful candidates from the HireVue stage will meet with two of our Payment Operations Specialists for one hour online via Zoom. This will be general interview covering your motivation to join Wise, your experience, and also any questions you may have for us.
- Final Interview – This is the final step in the process, so you’ll meet with one of our Payment Ops Team Leads and the Payment Ops Area Lead for the Americas for one hour online, also via Zoom, to cover any remaining topics before we decide who will be offered a position with us. Good luck! 🤞
- $20.00/per hour starting salary
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid – Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP
- 5-weeks of PTO annually + 10 paid sick days + 10 paid banking holidays + a paid volunteer day
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 6-week paid sabbatical, after 4 years with us
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organization, driving us towards Mission Zero! 🚀
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring! 💪
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel this revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems! 💫
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2200+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done! 🌎
Here’s a few articles for you to read to learn more about our culture and product:
- “We inspire smart people and we trust them”
- What we do
- How we work
- Tampa Bay Times’ #1 Midsized workplace for 2019!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.