A little bit about the job:
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world. And it’s not just our business that’s growing, our people and teams are too.
We want to be the employer of choice for the best local tech talent but we need your help.
So we’re on the hunt for a forward thinking tech recruiter to join our busy team in Budapest, You’ll help us find unique ways to identify and excite those talented, in-demand candidates – to further scale-up our fastest growing Engineering hub in Europe.
- Help us scale our engineering team from 400 to 650 over the next few years so we can help more customers save money using Wise
- Build world class recruitment flows alongside the hiring teams with strategy and process at the heart of data driven decisions
- Build long-term relationships with talented people and guide them through a seamless end-to-end process, supporting them every step of the way
- Give our candidates an awesome experience, even if they weren’t successful (you never know, the perfect role might come up later), and build a strong talent network locally and internationally
- Help scale up potential new tech hubs across Europe and organise and lead our presence at key tech events in the region
- Set up recruitment marketing campaigns
- Partner with our hiring teams so they have the information they need and everyone agrees on the process including things like on-boarding, talent mapping, salary benchmarking
- Use data to figure out the blockers to hiring, set KPIs, communicate how these can be achieved and continually optimise the process to make sure it is globally scalable
- Collaborate with the wider People team so contracts, visas, background checks and on-boarding happen like clockwork
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and be responsible for making it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Work across several markets and with some of the most high tech teams in Wise
- You’ll be a Technical Recruiter with a track record of success recruiting tech roles (including Full Stack, Frontend and Backend)
- You’ll have a network of trusted contacts and measure success in candidate satisfaction
- You’ll be ready to go beyond sourcing candidates and managing the interview process and look at the bigger picture – you can spot great candidates who’ll fit with our culture not just those with the purest skill set
- You’ll be an adaptable self-starter – someone who can use their own initiative to keep things running at pace and won’t wait for answers
- You’ll be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and an ever-changing environment
- You’ll be a creative problem solver. A tricky niche role won’t get you down. It’s a challenge that just spurs you on to find a new approach and try something new. You're curious and get a real kick out of learning different skills
- You’ll be a confident communicator and influencer, comfortable talking to people of any level, whether it’s in person, on the phone or in writing. You understand how best to adapt your approach to your audience
Added extras that would be awesome:
- You’ve worked in or recruited for a startup or high growth company before
- You have experience scaling up new offices and teams and building processes within a hyper growth environment
- You’ve got a background in product recruitment or analytics recruitment
- You’ve experience in in-house recruitment
- A competitive salary including stock options as we’re building Wise together and want you to share in the success of a $3.5billion company on a mission
- Flexible working as success isn’t measured by the amount of time you spend in the office so work out what works best for you whether that’s different hours or working from home.
- A sabbatical: After 4 years everyone has the option to take a 6-week sabbatical with £1000 spending money.
- Alongside tangible benefits like stock and sabbaticals here you’ll do so much more than fit into an existing system. You’ll help take Wise to the next level and have fun along the way with team lunches, company away days and of course… office dogs!
- The Budapest Office is a place where creativity flourishes. Where people like coming to work and somewhere we get stuff done… fast.
- The chance to scale-up further our fastest growing tech hub and contribute to scaling up new tech hubs across Europe
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise, our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.