We’re looking for an AML Investigator to join our growing AML Investigation team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by investigating and reporting suspicious activity.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to AML Investigation team:
- Carry out reviews on alerted accounts on the basis of both internal and external information
- Assess actual payment activity and payment patterns
- Obtain further supporting information to mitigate ML/TF concerns
- Request and analyse supporting documents when needed
- Taking ownership of an individual investigation and escalating any suspicious activity in accordance with internal procedures
- Participate in an active feedback loop between the AML Investigation team and the developers/product teams to improve our product quality from a compliance perspective
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done.
- An exceptionally inquisitive mind. You are always looking out for more information where available, however, you are able to cut through the noise
- A great eye for detail. You are meticulous and can look at information with factual precision
- Exceptional logical thinking. You are naturally able to interpret data and draw logical conclusions from it
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to express your thoughts concisely and logically
- Able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgement calls
- Ability to work under pressure. You can multitask efficiently and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- A true team player but happy working alone on independent projects
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Eligible to work in Hungary
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- Previous experience in AML or investigating suspicious activity will be beneficial.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Compliance team
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.