Payment Operations Specialist – Russian speaker
We’re looking for a Russian speaking Payment Operations Specialist to join our team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, being a part of our international Operations team and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to:
- Keep an eye on the payments’ engine and solve payment-related problems.
- Build solid ownership of operational processes with your team
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
- Act as a point of contact between Wise and our banking partners
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in English and Russian.
- You have 1-3 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment (an added bonus if in finance or banking sector)
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and take charge on projects when needed
- You’re a great communicator, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- You place customers’ first and you make no compromise on this
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to recognise areas you don’t know and the humility to learn
- You’re flexible with your working hours. Our customers are based globally and we aim to help them any time they need it. We’re flexible with how we work covering different times, occasionally during weekends or public holidays
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You have worked in cross border team – know their challenges and how to overcome those
NB! Please only apply if you’re legally authorised to work in Hungary, as we’re unable to sponsor visas for this role.
This means that you can apply if you hold a relevant permit that allows you to work full-time in Hungary or are an EEA national.
Since this is a full-time role, then candidates with Hungarian student visas cannot be considered as the student visa does not permit full-time work.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English, and answer the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Operations team
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.