Technical Product Manager – Send Platform
At Wise, we’re building money without borders, for people without borders. Started as a way to send money at a fair rate, Wise now has millions of customers all over the world, who trust us to give them faster, cheaper ways to manage their money. We now offer a multi-currency account, debit card, and tools for businesses and freelancers. We’re looking for a Technical product manager (Send platform) to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to have a tremendous impact on TransferWise’s mission and grow into an unstoppable product leader.
At Wise, we’re building money without borders, for people without borders.
Started as a way to send money at a fair rate, TransferWise now has millions of customers all over the world, who trust us to give them faster, cheaper ways to manage their money. We now offer a multi-currency account, debit card, and tools for businesses and freelancers.
We’re looking for a Technical product manager (Send platform) to join our growing team in London. The role is a unique opportunity to have a tremendous impact on TransferWise’s mission and grow into an unstoppable product leader.
You’ll receive a competitive package including generous stock options and private healthcare amongst other benefits.
Your mission leading a group of teams working on experience:
Our Send money teams are working across our offices in London and Tallinn. Their mission is to make money move around the world instantly, transparently, conveniently and eventually free. They own the end to end experience of our customers when they’re sending money with Wise.
The Send platform team has built one of our highest volume systems, responsible for offering a real time price, rate and delivery estimate to customers wishing to send money. They’ve also built a new system that allowed other teams to expand our product by offering Scheduled Transfers, Business Approvals and Prefunding future transfers.
There are still lots of opportunities to scale and extend our core capabilities for sending money around the world. You’ll help us scale our send money system to support the needs of our growing customer base and take our send product to the next level of speed, convenience, transparency and price.
You’ll own the challenge of:
- Identifying system iteration opportunities to:
- reduce risks of unnecessary changes
- reduce the cost of moving money.
- increase transparency and ease of comparison upfront for all use cases.
- Improve flexibility so teams can iterate more quickly
- Working with our various send squad teams to scale volumes by supporting new use cases.
- Helping our engineers design the next evolutions of our systems, moving money more transparently, at lower cost and satisfying more use cases.
- Helping them move faster by streamlining complexity and rationalising trade-offs.
- Prioritising between scale challenges, risk mitigation and new impactful improvements to the system for consumers and businesses.
- Influencing regulators on how to increase transparency in the money transfer industry with the help of our government relationship and compliance teams.
- Managing our regulatory risks with our compliance officer.
- Growing the team to a healthy set up, inspiring the most skilled and mission driven team members to join the team.
- Start to take on a second team once you’re comfortable with one (generally after a year), scaling your impact and timely backfilling yourself.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about building the products for international people and businesses.
- You have been a seasoned developer and previously completed your transition to product management (1-2 years product management experience).
- You have a track record of evolving systems at scale
- You're particularly strong at helping teams simplify the design of the systems.
- You’re not afraid of being a true lead, hiring whoever needs to be hired, learning skills you don’t know today to unblock things everywhere needed. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product role definition. You get things done.
- You have excellent communication skills, able to explain complex technical concepts to non technical colleagues
- You have analytical skills and able to rationalise decisions and discussions
- You’ll report to a group PM in the send money squad, whose role is to help you have a big impact on the TransferWise mission.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Basic UX skills
Some of your benefits:
TransferWise offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Regular compensation reviews
- Generous stock options package
- 25 days holiday (plus the usual bank holidays)
- Generous pension with enhanced company contributions
- Private medical cover
- Loads more!
A bit about Wise:
We’re a global tech company with a big mission and a start up heart.
We like to think we’re the perfect mix of big and small. Big enough to solve problems for millions of customers but small enough to still be growing at the speed of light. Big enough to flip an industry on its head but still small enough to have a long way to go.
What’s in it for you?
We’re focused on one mission: money without borders. And, because we’re still growing, you can get close to customers and really understand the challenges we need to solve.
Our people are the most intelligent, curious people in the business and we’re big enough to attract them. But we’re still small enough for individuals to matter and thrive.
We won’t stop until everyone can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, in any currency.
Interested? Read more:
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Product team
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.