At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Compliance person to join the Wise family, who will work across our product and Compliance Operational teams to take the Company to the next level by creating and maintaining a state-of-the-art financial crime product risk program. This individual will work to define this function in the newly structured 1st line of defense.
- Develop a relationship with product teams to cultivate a culture of compliance so that they proactively think about compliance risks and opportunities — and trust compliance when evidencing risks.
- Build a solid foundation for teams to develop sustainable and compliant products across Latam
- Assess new and existing products, features and controls against the product risk framework
- Manage the product development framework to ensure compliance risks are appropriately considered during the development lifecycle
- Use data to understand the areas of risk being driven from our operational compliance functions, the impact of products, and the scale of risk
- Ensure our operational compliance teams capacity and controls are accurately reflected when developing new products
- Drive product enhancements based on audit findings and trend analysis in collaboration with 2nd line compliance teams.
- Develop and manage risk mitigation plans to reduce fincrime risk in our products by collaborating with product and compliance operational teams across our global offices
- Ensure the financial crime product risk framework is aligned to the Wise risk appetite and work to embed this across the Latam region.
- Perform regulatory analysis to inform stakeholders of upcoming changes and/or emerging fincrime risks
- As needed, contribute to improving compliance processes, evolving both our financial crime and our due diligence practices.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 3 years in financial crime compliance within the fintech and/or payments sector is strongly preferred
- CAMS, ICA or equivalent certification desirable
- Understanding of compliance requirements in at least one Latam country
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills.
- A sense of camaraderie and good humor while under pressure or tight deadlines.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box.
- Professionalism and high integrity.
- Willingness to challenge teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required (when we can).
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome TransferWise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.