What are we doing?
For our customers, using Wise is as simple as sending money from A to B in a tap or click of a button. Yet, behind the scenes our app and website is a complex engine of currencies and routes, generating terabytes of data each day. We are fetching relevant data from our microservices with our home-grown PipelineWise, loading it into Snowflake. Airflow helps us schedule our analytical flows so that end-users can visualise curated data in Looker and Superset.
The newly created Analytics Experience team empowers our analysts with the tools required to extract knowledge from raw data and provide valuable insights to their team, enabling them to move forward, as well as shaping processes to ensure data is organised, curated and made accessible to the relevant audiences.
You will be working within the Analytics Experience team with a focus on strengthening our BI toolset and providing guidance to analysts and data consumers within the company on the best way to use these tools.
Partnering with our Platform and wider analyst team at Wise, you will also be expanding our documentation (wiki, videos), creating sample dashboards and boilerplate code, and contributing to automation efforts.
- Offering consulting to other teams and individuals on how best to use the data analytics tools
- Create documentation for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be the BI advocate, hold or contribute to workshops and training sessions for all user tiers
- Build toolkits to automate management of the data analytics tools
- Review our configuration and implement necessary changes for optimal usage
- Keep an eye on security, costs and performance optimisation
- Contribute to efforts modelling our data and designing data models built to last
- Improve data discoverability, as well as data linting and testing
- Hands-on knowledge: deepen your current knowledge of BI tools, set yourself up to become an expert on new ones, and validate that experience with certifications
- Choose your path to impact: we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously, so you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own.
- Grow as analyst in a new team that is passionate about working with analytics tools
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Work on defining and implementing best practices, in particular for data testing
- You have advanced SQL and can optimize it for data warehouses like Snowflake
- You have a technical aptitude and don’t shy away from engaging in discussions
- You have experience with a Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Superset, Power BI)
- You can write and debug Python scripts and interact with APIs
- You have a keen eye for detail and troubleshooting: problem solving and accuracy should be core to you
- You are interested in extending your knowledge of Python related technologies
- You have an education in computer science or equivalent professional experience
Nice to have
- You are familiar with systems, network, and application security best practices
- You have comprehensive Python development skills, including testing
- You have hands-on experience with Looker
- You have hands-on experience specifically with Snowflake, Superset, DBT, Airflow
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.