Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a Technical Risk Manager to join our mission and help us build a global platform that’s scalable, reliable and secure. This is a hands-on position in our Engineering organisation and part of the Security Team. We expect the perfect candidate to come up with a plan on how to implement security, IT and platform compliance controls in an efficient and automated way and make it happen. For example to check if all production systems are properly monitored, if left employee accounts are closed in a timely manner etc. To support you we have awesome Security people, who deal with SOC 2 internal controls, and masterminds in the IT and Platform teams.
What does it take?:
- A strong hands-on IT background to understand different risks in an enterprise IT environment
- Experience with IT compliance and SOC 2 audits with the focus to which controls need to be in place
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences and risk concepts to technical audiences
- AWS knowledge and understanding risks of cloud environments
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservices
- Knowledge about Active Directory and how to query data from there
- No need to be a Java developer, but basic scripting skills are needed to launch a bash script, powershell or just writing python to check if a service is up or to query data locally from an API
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Distributed and Concurrent Systems
- Hands on knowledge of system integration patterns and architecture
- Understanding of how to automate risk checks on different systems and do less manual spreadsheet tickboxing
What does success look like?
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll understand how our values can help you guide your work
- You’ll understand the reasons why IT controls are needed, why there are gaps and how to go about solving them
- You’ll be raising the automation level to enable scaling of the product and its compliance and trust
- Understand your area and how you can share your knowledge and help fellow Wisers
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class secure financial platform by finding solutions to our technical challenges and opportunities
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart people
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The TransferWise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.