Millions of people will read your words
We’re looking for a marketing copywriter to join our team in London.
Wise has over 10 million customers — with that number climbing rapidly — and you’ll speak to giant swaths of them. You’ll escort them to new features when they’re rolled out.
There are also tens of millions of folks around the world who’d benefit from our services but haven’t signed up yet. You’ll help inspire them to take that sweet, sweet plunge.
The Wise account has a lot of amazing features, ranging from money-saving to absolutely life-changing, but they’re not always obvious to the uninitiated. You’ll be talking about things people really need, but you’ll need to educate them along the way.
Your words will need to sparkle.
Wise is the world’s most international account.
Founded in 2011, our mission is money without borders — people and businesses having the power to send, spend, and receive money anywhere in the world, effortlessly, at fair pricing.
This is the first money account that treats you the same no matter where you are, or where you go. As of today we help over 10 million customers save over £1 billion a year in fees.
About the role
You’ll write the copy for marketing campaigns that educate and inform customers and potential customers about Wise’s benefits and mission.
You’ll be crafting the words at the centre of a lot of those efforts, and your responsibilities will include:
- Write copy for landing pages for new features, making them exciting and desirable
- Spice and spruce up existing landing pages so more people sign up and convert
- Write compelling marketing emails so more prospects convert (one-off emails, and lifecycle campaigns)
- Write lifecycle campaigns (email, inbox, push, in-product) to educate customers on how to use features of the product
- Craft the words for cross-sell campaigns (email, inbox, push, in-product) to convert existing customers to new products
- Help product managers write blog posts that announce new features, and strike a nice balance between technical and relatable language
- Pen the lyrics for ad hoc campaigns and experiments that drive customers to use Wise products more by crystallizing new use cases
- Help brainstorm ideas and angles for all of the above
We’re looking for a creative, talented writer who can explain sometimes complex concepts to people in fun, interesting ways. Does that sound like you? Apply.
That’s regardless of whether you have our ‘ideal’ qualifications and experience, which include:
- 2-5 years experience writing marketing copy for a medium-to-large-sized business, preferably tech
- A portfolio of writing samples that illustrates your wit and polish (can be a Google doc-type thing)
- You’ve worked with designers, and product marketers and managers before, and you’re happy speaking their esoteric language(s)
- You have the resilience to handle requests from multiple teams, and you know how to build a process to manage them
- You give and take feedback constructively, and you can say no confidently
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
As we say above, qualifications aren’t everything to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.