Group Product Manager – North America Multi-currency Account
We’re looking for a product leader to join our growing North America team in New York. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader to lead our multi-currency account offering in the US and Canada, which includes solving financial management challenges for both consumers and small businesses. You’ll define both the vision and building of solutions for the most crucial problems customers face when managing their money across borders. You’ll decide what the biggest money problems are to solve for customers who live and work across international borders – and then solve them through building delightful consumer and small business product offerings.
Today our multi-currency account (MCA) solves a few key problems: (a) helping customers hold multiple currencies they use globally – we offer more than 54 currencies today in our balances product; (b) the ability to get paid and pay others like a local with 10 currencies that come with banking account details; and (c) the ability to spend that money with a smart debit card that helps you pay like a local, pulling from your local currency balance, and converting at the best possible rate from another currency you hold with us.
There’s a diverse mix of both front-end and back-end product experiences to build across the teams you’ll lead. Front-end examples include the user experience of things like rate-triggered FX conversions, what our loyalty and rewards programs will look like, how the offering for SMBs differ from that for our personal customers, etc. Back-end opportunities include ensuring we pick the right financial infrastructure partners that support smooth, compliant experiences for customers, and help us scale economically.
You’ll make impactful decisions for both consumers and small businesses at scale and have a high bar for impact when prioritizing.
This is a unique opportunity to join our mission to make money without borders instant, convenient and eventually free for millions of people across North America – and to work with leading partners in reaching those customers faster than we would doing so alone.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the North America Team:
- You’ll build delightful experiences that help consumers and small businesses manage their money across international borders
- You’ll multiply Wise’s growth rate by unlocking new international money challenges to solve for customers in the US and Canada
- You’ll lead, coach and grow teams locally in North America, as well as shape the vision for our International Account in other geographies, sharing back your learnings in the US and Canada as our top markets internationally
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- As a true trailblazer at Wise, in this role you’ll be defining and carving out a new space critical to our US, Canada and international growth
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- You are an expert at product discovery, knowing how and when to make the right prioritization decisions, when to go deep on specific customer segments’ pain points vs solving more broadly for numerous segments’ needs – and you know how to build both short- and long-term product visions and roadmaps that deliver against that vision
- You have empathy for customers and the challenges they face when trying to manage their money across borders. You can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms)
- You are hands-on and enjoy solving problems and getting things shipped by yourself as well as empowering teams
- You can clearly articulate and measure the customer value of the products you and your team build and launch: you prioritise based on the value you add for customers
- You can lead people and build teams that deliver at scale – whether that is hiring for new talent or getting the best out of the existing team
- You see opportunities not blockers and are able to inspire your team to dream big, align on a vision and find a clear a path to get there
- You understand technology and have worked to build products at scale with both internal and external partners (e.g. with payments and banking partners in API environments, etc)
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Experience in fintech or e-commerce
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. payments, finance, etc)
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Getting Started: Reviewing your Application
At this stage, our recruiter and hiring manager will be reviewing applications, alongside cover letters to narrow down the most excellent candidates based off your resume and answers to our application questions.
Pro tip: We ask application questions for a reason – because this company is on a mission and this role is about communication – so take this opportunity to show us who you are and why you’re a great fit! 📝 Please bear in mind when answering: customer impact is above everything for us.
A 30 minute call with Lindsey Grossman (our hiring lead) or one our Product Recruiters / Product Managers from the NorthAm Team via Zoom.
Note: In case your first interviewer is not her, we’ll make sure to provide you an opportunity to have a follow-up call with Lindsey after to have a quick intro and discuss your questions.
- Your interviewer will intro you to Wise, their team and the role
- Your motivation to join the Mission
- Your experience of shipping impactful products, utilising build – measure – learn, your quantitative approach
- Competency based questions & values fit, focused on our 4 core values
Your 2nd interview will be with 2 product managers / leads from the regional expansion tribe. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
- This interview will give you the opportunity to try out what it’s like to work and solve problems at Wise
- It also gives you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems
- Topics: (1) Your Product experience, (2) Vision and prioritisation, (3) Your leadership skills, (4) Your data skills, (5) Working with other teams
Tech / Team-fit Interview
Your 3rd interview will be with 2 engineering leads from the team. The 60 minute interview will take place over Zoom and will be competency based.
- This interview will be focusing on your experience working closely with engineers in a cross-functional team and your related skills
- Topics: (1) Building partnerships with your engineering teams and internal stakeholders, (2) Problem-solving and navigating roadmap decisions and conflicts with engineers, (3) Your tech and design depth
Take-Home Case Study
You’ll receive our take-home task alongside feedback within 2 days of your successful Tech/Team-fit interview. We’d expect your take-home task back within 4-5 working days. We aim to provide feedback to you within 3 working days.
About the take-home task:
- Our home task will give you the opportunity to try out what it’s like to work and solve customer problems at Wise
- It gives you the chance to show us your product skills and abilities to solve meaningful customer problems
Your final interview will be with Sharon Kean (our international product expansion senior lead) and another product lead from the team over Zoom. The interview will be 60 minutes long and will be a competency-based.
- Focusing on feedback you received from previous interviews
- Taking your case study to deeper levels and challenge your product building thinking (eg. how would you put your findings into practice?)
- Competency-based and scenario based questions around your past experience and expertise
- Providing you the opportunity to pick the minds of our leads and ask your questions to them
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Stories from the Product team
From the blog
Explore our New York office
A space as unique as the city. Here you’ll enjoy a full slice of Wise as we build the new world of money.