Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
What you’ll be working on
You will be working as part of the Security team in our Security Program subteam. This team is focused on the GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) area of security. In this team you can make sure that trust of 10 million Wise customers is being kept by passing yearly ISO27001, SOC1, SOC2 audits and PCI DSS for a company processing £5 billion in transactions every month. You are expected to help the external auditors with internal evidence gathering and making sure that any gaps are being addressed. You can work with regulations across the whole world and incorporate new requirements into our global policies.
As we expand, the Security Program team is helping business and banking teams with new regulators to prove that Wise is secure. You can influence the awareness of 2700+ employees with e-learns and classroom training. Together with Security Ops, Privacy, Compliance and Legal teams you will find new ways to keep our customers and Wise safe and compliant in all regions across the world.
- Passionate about Information Security
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience with implementing ISO27001, PCI DSS, SOC 2 or similar standard
- Knowledge and experience of Risk Management
- Experience with drawing IT architecture and network diagrams
- At least basic knowledge of secure development and security principles in engineering
- Self-starter with a track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organisation and as well as working independently
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are willing to travel, to work and learn with other teams
- Be excited to work in a high-growth company, and throw themselves fully into a revolution
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with
Nice to haves
- Familiar with Mac terminal and Ubuntu
- Experience with any kind of GRC tools
- Relevant Information Information Security qualification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Willingness to work towards relevant Information Security qualifications
- Experience with Secure Development Lifecycle
- Experience with our technical stack
What you get back:
- 🚀 Stock options in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.