AML Investigations Team Lead
We are looking for a capable AML Investigations Team Lead to help us to lead the AML Investigations team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop a high-performing team and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
As AML Investigations Team Lead you’re an AML subject matter expert and people’s lead with a mindset that enables you to build processes putting our customers first, while being aware of the risks surrounding the industry, specific products and requirements set to us by regulations and partners. Having in mind the development of the service level and globalisation of Wise, you’ll provide visibility, guarantee collaboration and opportunities to improve the state and scalability of AML investigations, making sure we’re compliant in our processes and the product, as well as forecasting required resources.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the AML Investigations team:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage an AML Investigations team, including amongst others administrative tasks such as scheduling, interviewing, hiring, organising team activities etc.
- Measure team’s KPIs and plan capacity
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation, training and performance management to deliver regulatory obligations, risk management and great customer experience with a tightly managed cost base
- Be accountable for quality assurance of AML Investigations team, taking decisions within our policy framework and working with compliance to evolve both our policies and processes
- Understand and manage training for the team on our regulatory obligations and how our policies fulfill them
- Represent the policies and processes to regulators and auditors
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies
- Work with product teams, customer support and across compliance to contribute to ensuring product compliance to regulations, manage operational impact of changes and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, increase automation or improve operational efficiencies
- Identify compliance risk, evaluate business customers and contribute to implementing policies, operational processes and product changes as needed.
- You’re legally authorised to work in Estonia/EU.
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent, additional language skill is a plus
- You have previous team leading experience
- Work experience in the financial sector or similar, AML or financial crime experience is a plus
- You can multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You have ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- You have great communication and presentations skills to assist on internal and external projects and audits
- You have a good understanding of and ability to analyse and move team’s metrics, while assisting different area specialists
- You have proven track record of taking ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.