A bit about Wise:
Wise is the best way to move money internationally. We are committed to making the world’s financial systems more fair, while making life easier for our customers and helping them save money as well.
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Co-founded by Taavet Hinrikus and Kristo Käärmann, Wise launched in 2011 under its original name TransferWise. Today, as a global technology company, Wise remains committed to building the best way to move money around the world.
With the Wise account people and businesses can hold 54 currencies, move money between countries and spend money abroad. Large companies and banks use Wise technology, too. We see ourselves as an entirely new cross-border payments network that will one day power money without borders for everyone, everywhere.
Today, more than 10 million people and businesses use Wise to send more than $7 billion every month, saving $1 billion a year in the process.
There are over 2,400 employees from more than 90 nationalities working for Wise across our 17 offices. It’s a truly global community.
Despite our strong success to date, we’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. Millions of people and businesses have stopped using banks, Paypal and traditional providers, and have turned to Wise because we are cheaper, faster and easier.
So, whether you’re sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make your life easier and save you money.
A bit about the role:
We’re looking for a driven Senior PR Manager to join our US team in New York City, reporting into the Head of PR for the Americas.
We’re looking for a confident, creative PR individual with a demonstrated background leading bold PR awareness campaigns for consumer, tech or payment brand companies.
You’ll help us grow by embedding yourself in the Wise North America team to truly understand our products and our customers, and thereby maximize the news pipeline in the US and Canada.
As a fast growing company, no two days will be the same. Your projects will range from announcing the latest product with a bang, to creating consumer campaigns that get people talking, to campaigning to help change a law. Our brand is bold and so your approach to PR should be, too. Reporting to our Head of Americas PR, you, and our PR Officer, will partner to execute our plan with the support of our agency partners.
We are a global PR team with people on almost every continent. In New York, the tight-knit Wise team will provide ample support as needed.
This role will give you the opportunity to be involved in:
- Media relations: Creating pitches and programs that drive media results. Building a strong network of contacts and staying on the pulse of the trends to proactively keep Wise and our spokespeople in the news.
- Building and running bold, strategic campaigns: Creating and implementing bold, brave experiential PR campaigns that break through the clutter and drive awareness by integrating across PR and marketing. You’ll have plenty of freedom to bring your own ideas to life, and you’ll have the support of a public relations officer, and our existing PR agency partners to help execute for impact.
- Thought leadership: Building the profiles of key spokespeople and our company through speaking opportunities, power lists, byline submissions, use of data and proactive pitches.
- Corporate communications: Help drive the corporate communications in Americas (in tandem with the Head of Americas PR).
- Travel: We’re a global team, so you must be open to domestic and international travel.
You’ll be comfortable creating media campaigns, narratives and news to capture the attention of all types of consumers and businesses – from global citizens and travelers to banks, entrepreneurs, freelancers and small businesses to scale-ups and larger enterprises – as well as delivering product announcements and partnership news, along the way.
You’ll be hands on, delivering news yourself – as well as with the support of an agency. People management experience is needed as you’ll manage one direct report, and work with an agency.
You should be a creative writer with a knack for untangling and explaining products and developments in an easy to understand and relatable manner, and have existing press contacts and relationships. You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast paced environment with an experienced team of cross-functional stakeholders.
A bit about you:
- Are truly passionate about the Wise mission.
- Are comfortable driving strategy as well as executing the day-to-day plan.
- You have experience creating and executing bold campaigns for both consumer and corporate audiences.
- Have experience leading PR programs in the US & Canada, but are fascinated by different cultures and have a naturally global mindset.
- Write clearly, concisely and for impact.
- Have strong experience working in a PR role at a consumer tech firm, a payments brand, a fintech, or at an agency where you’ve led accounts and have been instrumental in the client’s success.
- Have existing relationships with relevant journalists and you’re a natural when it comes to building new contacts.
- Live for the rush of nailing a hard-earned story and aren’t easily dismayed when a pitch doesn’t land the first time.
- Have endless stories of successful (and failed!) campaigns which you’ve led.
- Are digital without question – you love and understand the power of traditional media but understand how word spreads online.
- Are creative, with a natural sense for what makes a compelling story.
- Are willing to get your hands dirty to make things happen.
- Understand how to mine data to tell compelling stories.
- Understand that news moves quickly and you flourish in a fast-paced environment. As such, you’re organized and your attention to detail is second to none.
How we work:
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role, plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers. If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
Office: New York
Salary: Between 120K – 140K USDs per year. We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- HSA & FSA
- Health plan benefits
- Commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Gym reimbursement
- Food & drinks
- Games area
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our New York office
A space as unique as the city. Here you’ll enjoy a full slice of Wise as we build the new world of money.