A bit about the role
We are looking for an Audit Coordinator to join our Group Accounting team in Tallinn or London. Group Accounting team is part of the Finance Tribe. Your main task will be to coordinate the external audit process with the partnering audit firms.
- Become a primary point of contact with the external auditors for coordination, planning and data collection tasks. Hold partners accountable for meeting deadlines and providing quality service.
- Agree audit timelines and scope with the auditors and Wise team, manage communications, deadlines and status tracking.
- Coordinate, translate and explain audit requests to Wise teams. Ensure sufficient resources are allocated to audit tasks.
- Consolidate responses from Wise teams, perform quality checks, and ensure supporting data is provided to the auditors timely and accurately.
- Educate the audit team and be available for follow-up and clarification questions.
- Review audit findings, communicate them to teams and prepare management responses. Help teams assess findings and take corrective actions. Perform subsequent follow-up reviews to ensure that implementation has been successful.
- Coordinate audit review of the financial statements.
- Coordinate audit communication to the board, incl. timelines, progress, audit findings and budget.
- Collect audit feedback from Wise teams and ensure improvements and changes are implemented by the auditors.
A bit about you
- At least 6-7 years in either financial audit, or financial controlling involving audit coordination.
- You have prepared consolidated financial statements under IFRS.
- You have managed collaboration projects involving internal and external teams.
- You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries.
- (optional) You have worked in regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and make your own judgment. Be prepared to take ownership over complex new areas and solve problems with no or very limited guidance.
- Accuracy, attention to details and ability to analyse and dig into large volumes of data.
- Very strong coordination skills, ability to hold teams accountable for meeting deadlines and delivering high quality outputs.
- Fluency in reading and interpreting International Financial Reporting Standards, ability to put together an accounting policy or disclosure note.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced data processing skills (expert Excel is a must, SQL would be an advantage), ability to understand complex spreadsheets and create efficient, reliable calculations with built-in controls, easy scaling and updating capabilities. Experience working with large volumes of data.
Who are you?
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise and you will work on any financial requirements.
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
- You are proactive, take the initiative and eager to make a change.
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks.
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.