Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to investigate and monitor high risk businesses according to regulations, risk appetite and Wise’s policies.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to EDD team
- Review and monitor high risk and complex customer verification cases, having a deep and broad knowledge of Wise compliance framework and the regulatory environment
- Perform due diligence on customers and businesses through a variety of data sources including websites, financial statements, AML policies and external legal opinion; take a risk-based approach to work effectively and maintain speed, quality and consistency;
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies;
- Take risk-based case decisions with a clearly documented and auditable record, in the context of our customer due diligence policy, acceptable use policy and applicable regulations;
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies;
- Coach others on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfill them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime;
- Work in the team and with compliance to evolve both our policies and our due diligence processes, continuously improving our knowledge, risk management and customer experience;
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review;
- Work as EDD expert sharing knowledge across teams, delivering a great customer experience and contributing through side projects and ideas on process, policy or product improvements;
- Analyse, re-evaluate, build and document risk factors and risk mitigation methods for Wise high risk customers;
- You're able to represent the policies, processes and auditable EDD work to regulators and auditors.
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- You can multitask and take responsibility in different situations
- You can handle routine well and have a razor sharp attention to detail
- You're punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done
- You’re a good communicator and can work in cross-team environment
- You have minimum of 1 year of work experience in the compliance/risk sector and knowledge of regional and global regulatory requirements and essentials of a risk based approach
- Finance/accounting background is a plus
- You are located in Estonia and have a valid local working permit. In the current situation we'll not be able to support a visa or relocation for this role.
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English. In the cover letter, please explain your motivation to join the EDD team.
Please note that applications without a cover letter won't be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.