We’re looking for new CDD Agents to join our growing Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Team at Wise in our Tampa, Florida office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a quality control specialist in financial compliance, and help save millions more people money using Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $22.75 per hour, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and a wide array of other benefits!
Read more about our open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
Your mission is to perform customer due diligence to complete the KYC process and assess the customer’s AML/CFT Risk Level. You will primarily be engaged in research and analysis. You will use information supplied by external businesses and consumer customers, information already within the organization, external vendor tools, and your overall experience to effect due diligence controls on customers and counter-parties of various characteristics.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to The CDD Department:
- Perform customer due diligence on current, new, and/or potential customers based on risk mitigation controls and certain trigger events
- Exercise discretion in setting priorities in order to complete your workload and meet performance expectations
- Identify customer records that require further review and take action to obtain and follow-up on the information and/or documentation requested
- Perform open source research and/or through third-party vendors (i.e. LexisNexis) to gather essential due diligence related information
- Ensure documentation is reviewed and assessed as sufficient to support the progression of anticipated customer activity
- Consider and complete an effective profile assessment of the customer and their attributes as presented during the onboarding process
- When prompted to communicate with customers; provide an account of outstanding requirements and their related deadlines. The message should be clear and concise; allowing the customer to understand and respond as quickly as possible
- Provide guidance and respond to daily inquiries from peers, front-line teams and management regarding due diligence matters
- Maintain basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and Services
- When warranted, be capable of drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual and/or suspicious
- Assess Risk level of referred profiles that may or may not meet the Risk criteria expected from escalations
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies
- Previous CDD/EDD/KYC or other financial or compliance experience – we’re pretty open to the type of compliance experience you have, as long as you’ve worked in a regulated compliance environment (finance, healthcare, legal, or similar)
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent – additional language skills are a plus!
- You’re a master at research and decision making – these are the vital skills for this role and truly must haves
- You have excellent organizational skills with particular attention to details
- You are able to reconcile multiple data sources, metrics, and stakeholder expectations through a solution focused approach
- You’re independent, self-driven, and are willing to get things done
- You’re a good cross-team communicator
- You’re a proactive team player who knows how to prioritize work
- You’re capable of identifying gaps in policies and processes and provide detailed feedback, including examples when possible, through the established communication channels
A bit more about you:
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent – Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is preferred but not required
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time position located in Tampa, Florida
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.