CDD Team Lead
We’re looking for a CDD Team Lead to join our growing Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Team at Wise in our Tampa, Florida office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a quality control leader in financial compliance, and help save millions more people money using Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $62,000 annually, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and a wide array of other benefits!
Read more about our open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
Your mission is to strategically guide your CDD Team to achieve operational goals and maximize business impact. The primary focus of your role will be on people development, processes enhancement, and productivity management. Your overall objective is to analyze data, behaviors, maintain morale, and drive for sustainable results that are aligned with the CDD Department’s strategy and goals.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the CDD Department:
- Evaluate your team’s performance, both on an individual and team level, ensuring team members adhere to company and department policies while achieving their individual and team goals
- Develop and maintain team performance metrics consistent with the CDD department goals, and track performance of said goals
- Have regular individual performance and morale discussions with all your team members at least twice per month
- Foster an inclusive and engaging environment to ensure the morale and productivity of your team
- Contribute to the growth of your team through forecasting, strategizing, and hiring
- Bring a client-focused and holistic approach to decision making to identify the root cause of issues
- Manage several projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency while working with partners and stakeholders
- Identify strategies to continually improve the client experience and ensure your team strives for the highest standards of performance
- Liaison with cross-teams to ensure procedures are up to date, negotiating where possible to ensure the client experience is prioritized while adhering to regulatory requirements
- Deliver key measurable’s in a timely, professional, and ethical manner to ensure dependability and sustainability of results
- Drive continuous improvements to quality of data, productivity reporting, and associated metrics to improve and maximize the CDD strategy
- As needed, represent the CDD team in multiple forums, internally and externally, to provide transparency on initiatives
- You have leadership experience in financial verification or compliance teams (KYC/EDD/CDD/AML or similar)
- You are able to articulate our vision clearly and passionately, ensuring your team understands how their individual efforts contribute to higher level goals
- You demonstrate the behavior that you want people to follow – aligning your words and actions will help to build trust and make your team more willing to follow your example
- Your ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and tactfully will be a crucial skill to inspire and energize your staff
- You’re a veteran, effective leader – you make fast, difficult decisions with limited information in critical situations
- You drive your team forward with passion, enthusiasm, inspiration, and motivation. You invest time in the people you lead to determine their strengths, needs, and priorities
- You find ways to celebrate the achievements of your people, even if it’s through a simple ‘well done.’ As well as boosting morale, it will also strengthen their motivation to continue giving their best
A bit more about you:
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent – Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is preferred but not required
- Any additional languages are always a plus!
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time position located in Tampa, Florida
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tampa office
In the centre of the Sunshine State, you can find our Tampa office, surrounded by theme parks, entertainment spots and sports galore.