A bit about the role
We are looking for an experienced accountant to join our Group Accounting team in Tallinn. Group Accounting team is part of the Finance Tribe, being responsible for the financial deliverables for all entities in Wise group. Working closely with the technical accountinants and Chief accountant you will perform month-end closing procedures, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
Your mission will include the following activities:
- Engage in Wise Group and subsidiaries month-end review, analysis and controls to ensure financials are accurate, timely and clear.
- Calculate and post provisions and estimates (e.g. annual leave, sabbatical, allowance for irrecoverable debts etc.)
- Help the team to maintain challenging accounting processes, such as share-based payments, transfer pricing, derivatives, intangibles capitalisation etc.
- Collaborate with budgeting, controlling, tax and product teams to calculate and post accurate cost accruals for the month-end.
- Post fixed assets capitalisation entries and depreciation. Maintain policy and movement schedules for fixed assets.
- Manage and maintain high-quality documentation for all manual calculation processes and entries created.
- Participate in the external audit by replying to external auditors’ questions and information requests.
- Participate in the preparation of group-wise consolidated financial statements
- Engage in numerous innovative and improvement projects aimed to make accounting processes more reliable, efficient and automated.
A bit about you
Education and experience:
- Higher education in accounting, finance or economics
- At least 4 years of experience in either accounting, financial controlling or audit.
- You have participated in the month-end process, closed the books, calculated and posted journals.
- (extra benefit) You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries.
- (extra benefit) You have worked in regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services.
- Accuracy and high attention to details.
- High standards for quality, ability to thoroughly review your own and others’ work and deliver the best results.
- Strong understanding of the core accounting concepts (advanced IFRS knowledge would be a benefit)
- Advanced data processing skills (expert Excel is a must, SQL would be an advantage), ability to understand complex spreadsheets and create efficient, reliable calculations with built-in controls, easy scaling and updating capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and make your own judgment. Be prepared to take ownership over complex new areas and solve problems with no or very limited guidance.
Who are you?
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise.
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
- You are proactive, like to take the initiative and eager to make a change.
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks.
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.