Senior Design Researcher
We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher to join our growing team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a design leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of people who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll build our understanding of people with cross-currency needs among our key markets in order to ensure we are focused on solving the right things for customers
- You’ll ensure that we build the right things the right way and support teams to evaluate their solutions to customer problems
- You’ll be one of the loudest voices for the customer – helping to talk about problems, needs and ideas in a way that creates real impact for our customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team – you’ll be embedded in a team where you can drive the direction and deliver the most impact. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with product design, copy, engineering, and PMs
- Choose your path to impact – you’ll work with your team to autonomously create a vision of your own. You’ll have the freedom to make your own calls about how best to support customer needs and reach mission zero
- Grow the research practice – The research team at Wise is growing and you will be part of helping establish how we conduct research at a global scale
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal!
- You have experience with both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable independently initiating, running and communicating research
- You care about ensuring your squad delivers meaningful solutions to customers and make sure your work is focused where it will have the greatest impact
- You’re a fantastic communicator and have top-notch presentation skills, especially when it comes to sharing impactful insights
- You are able to guide the team on how to action your rich insights and understanding
- You’re able to to work with your peers to prioritise efforts effectively – and can provide a clear rationale to your decisions
- You not only advocate for the customer but for research more broadly, and have clear examples of making research an integral part of building products
- You’re able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively within a team – whether that be your product team, a wider research team, or design team.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You might have worked in the fin tech space before or have a background in finance.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.