Wise (formerly TransferWise) was founded in 2011 with a clear mission – money without borders — so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever. Now, 10 years on, over 10 million customers have trusted us to manage their money and we move over £5 billion around the world every single month.
In 2011 we launched our money transfer product enabling customers to send money around the world with the real exchange rate and without the crazy bank fees. In 2016 we launched Wise Business, an international account for businesses to manage all their currencies in one place, and pay and get paid around the world with the real exchange rate. And, also in 2016, we announced our first partner integration with a bank — they use the Wise API to offer our products direct to their own customers — this is the product we call, Wise Platform.
Since then the Wise Platform has grown to include banks and business partners around the world, including Monzo, N26, Bunq, Stripe, GoCardless and Xero. So now we’re looking for a stand-out Senior Product Marketing Manager, to help us accelerate the adoption of the platform in all key markets — starting with the UK and U.S.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious go-getter who’ll form the foundation of our Platform PMM squad. To start with they’ll play a strong individual contributor role, helping us figure out how to blow the roof of product adoption in the UK and U.S. If successful, we expect this person to help us structure and scale Platform PMMs in other markets, with the potential to also play a lead role for the squad.
Specifically the Senior PMM, Wise Platform will:
- Develop the global positioning for Wise Platform
- Create and refine product positioning that clearly communicates our unique value proposition
- Own the global messaging and value proposition delivered across marketing and sales
- Work closely with the sales team to deeply understand target customers needs, pain points and reasons to believe
- Develop key messaging and robustly test this with target customers to make sure we’re landing the right message to the right customers
- Own the Wise Platform navigation, landing pages, lifecycle CRM and logged out marketing experience
- Understand the market trends, competitive landscape and develop clear competitor positioning for sales teams
- Deliver highly effective sales materials — decks, battle cards, and other tools for sales teams to close new partner deals
- Deliver initiatives that position the Wise Platform as a pioneering best-in-class product — including webinars, thought leadership, and other content
- Develop compelling content with existing partners to showcase the value of the platform
- Support our partnership marketing efforts and GTM
- Plan and execute successful product launches across new product areas and markets
- Drive lead generation initiatives including events, sponsorship, speaking events that drive qualified leads to fulfil the sales pipeline
- Put clear measurement in place to measure the success of your efforts and make smart decisions on what to prioritise
- Work closely with Product Marketing Managers in UK, U.S., Brazil, and Singapore, to leverage global opportunities for Wise Platform
- The role reports to the Global Head of Product Marketing in London
Your required skills:
- Experience in product marketing for complex technology / fintech products or services for the B2B / enterprise sector — either banks or large corporates
- Proven success positioning complex products leading to measurable increase in sales
- Proven success developing highly effective sales materials and measurement framework for assessing their effectiveness
- You can demonstrate your involvement in closing high-revenue-generating deals
- You’ve run effective lead generation campaigns with measurable results
- Excellent communications, presentation and analytical skills
- Must have legal right to work in UK or the EU
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a covering letter. We love a great covering letter. It’s your opportunity to show us your communication skills, your passion and your understanding of the Wise Platform product.
Salary: between £75,000 – 90,000 annually.
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
Stock options in a profitable company, we like to make sure all our Wisers own a part of our success so we have a stock option package of £48,000 worth of Wise Ltd share options at the date of grant by the Board.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.