This role can be based in Budapest, Tallinn or London
The Engineering Recruitment Lead will be responsible for recruitment across our Tallinn & Budapest locations.
Culture is everything to us at Wise and identifying, finding and selecting the best talent to support our highly collaborative and non-hierarchical culture is key. This person will be responsible for end to end recruitment activity from demand planning to identifying, assessing and bringing onboard key talent.
- Lead the engineering recruitment team across both locations. Scale the team inline with demand to develop a team of world-class recruiters to support full-cycle recruiting. Develop and set clear goals, and ensure accountability and ownership
- Own enablement, learning and development for the team, including training, onboarding and knowledge management
- Work with your engineering leadership peers to drive a high-performance hiring culture across Wise. Ensure that your hiring teams are providing the best possible candidate and stakeholder experience possible and that we are adhering to our values every step of the way
- Develop & execute innovative, scalable recruiting solutions to drive our hiring to meet business goals for both locations
- Partner with engineering leads to demand plan for the locations
- Partner with your hiring teams and influence with data to ensure there is a sensible approach to growth
- Build upon our ED&I foundations to ensure there is equity and inclusion in our hiring practices
- Ensure each hiring lead is aware of their teams diversity and partner with them to develop hiring strategies to meet agreed deliverables
- Build talent communities, arrange hiring events and influence your hiring teams to use their social channels as optimally as possible
- Work with your hiring teams to build world-class hiring practices, providing the best possible candidate experience
- Across the People team, ensure that we’re building robust and scalable processes ensuring the highest level of service is provided. Covering actions such as interviewing, assessment, referrals, training, sourcing and automation.
- You’ve seen scale and have led recruitment and/or sourcing teams through growth ideally across various different countries
- You understand the importance of demand planning rightsizing your team/s to meet the expectations laid upon you
- You’ve developed targeted and unique sourcing strategies enabling organisations to scale at pace
- Data Driven. You’re able to use data to build narratives and influence change. You can make evidence-based decisions and you’re able to use data to measure impact
- Flexible & adaptable. You’re able to switch effectively between tasks and deal with constantly-changing workload and priorities.
- Initiative. You’re able to identify and seize opportunities. You can work with limited guidance to solve problems.
- Big Thinker. You understand the impact of your work on the success of the company. You’re able to create well thought-through action plans built around the big picture. You consider others and you’re aware of the impact your work has on other teams. You’re always thinking and planning for scalable and sustainable solutions
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in 'Angel Land' awaits.