With a high degree of autonomy, you will be supporting the legal function within the Wise group to help take the business to the next level, including:
- Working closely and building relationships with multiple business units across the Company and across our APAC markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Japan and other regions in APAC) and potentially new Gulf markets to advise on a wide range of legal matters and ad hoc problems, including licensing, marketing standards (proactive and reactive), market entry and partnerships.
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements with banking/payments partners, outsourced service providers and suppliers.
- Understanding the real risks to the business and providing practical advice to Product and Expansion teams. Supporting Product and Expansion teams on changes to our customer agreement for new services or new market entry.
- Supporting initiatives relating to governance within the group with close support from Group Co Sec.
- Liaising with external counsel where required.
- Advising on the legal rights and duties of subsidiary companies and their directors in the APAC region.
- Working with the Legal team (based in Singapore, London, New York and Estonia) to support the wider needs of the company.
- Staying up to date on legal developments in APAC and advising on future-looking initiatives.
- Mentoring and upskilling relevant directors, officers and teams, making life simple and easy.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Define your path to success – you’ll have the freedom and responsibility to help shape what is needed and then make it happen
- Build something for the future – we are continuing to grow rapidly and your work will be crucial in growing and maturing one of the companies of our time
- Inspire with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone passionate about fintech or finance and with an eye on the future. You will ideally have :
- Minimum 4-5 years of previous firm or in-house experience, focusing on payments, financial services or technology
- Proven experience with commercial contract structuring, drafting, and negotiation
- Understand how to balance between maturity in corporate governance and operations, and the practical considerations of fast growth and scaling
- Have a track record in project management and clear communication, including being able to focus people behind a common goal and make the complex simple.
- Focus on impact, through trusted relationships
- Have a get-it-done, collaborative approach to problem solving and an ability to seek creative, innovative solutions for complex matters
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie and good humor while under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Well-organised and able to manage and prioritise numerous projects simultaneously
- Flexible and agile, and able to adapt to changing demands
- Have professionalism and high integrity
What we offer in return:
This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Legal based in our Singapore office. Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, including salary and stock options package
- 21 days paid time off and other leave benefits
- Annual company wide gathering in Europe – all expenses paid
- Comprehensive group insurance package that includes: life and total permanent disability, ad&d, hospitalization and surgical coverage, outpatient and specialist outpatient, dental and maternity insurance
- Many social events, including all team lunches on Friday
- The chance to be part of one of the companies of our time and help take it to the next level
If you think you’ve got what it takes, come help us build a beautiful future of money without borders!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.