Senior Visual Designer – Design Systems
We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join our Design Systems team in London. The Design Systems team at Wise is responsible for a collection of principles, patterns, and guidelines that form Neptune, our global design system.
The Design Systems team at Wise is responsible for a collection of principles, patterns, and guidelines that form Neptune, our global design system. Our goal is to help 70+ autonomous product teams ship high-quality, consistent, experiences faster. We exist to amplify the impact of design and create a world-class system that elevates our product experience for our 10 million Wise customers.
This role is a unique opportunity within the design systems team as it is the first role giving someone holistic ownership of our brand foundations in product. This includes typography, colours and icons to name a few. This person will advocate for a perfect balance of utility and beauty in our interface, helping us create a world-class design language loved by our users.
Our mission at Wise is to make money without borders, the new normal. This role will help accelerate that mission and your success will save millions more people money across the world.
You will be working closely with other product designers and engineers to maintain and evolve the design system, ensuring the patterns we recommend are those that work best for Wise customers and our design system customers.
- You’ll set new standards for visual craft and execution across our system.
- You’ll design new components, working closely with product teams to ensure they meet their needs.
- You’ll be working with a tight-knit, cross-functional team of engineers, product and content designers.
- You’ll assist designers through the contribution process, providing feedback and helping to lift the quality of the system.
- You’ll be an advocate for the design system throughout the company, representing the team in product discussions and educating others on how to use the system.
- You’ll contribute pattern usage guidelines, supported by user research.
- You have a proven ability to produce cutting edge visual design work.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail when creating design artefacts and assets.
- You are the master of the fundamentals of colour, spacing and typography in your work.
- Must have experience in designing global user interfaces for desktop and mobile applications.
- You are able to clearly express your thoughts, and critique design work with concrete examples.
- You believe in the importance of consistency, and understand the benefits of building things systematically.
- You’re a great communicator and care about being understood.
Some recent projects we’ve completed include releasing a unified typography scale across all platforms, creating an initial set of screen templates for designers and launching dark mode on Android. Right now, we’re standardising our pattern library across platforms and kick starting an exciting project to improve our visual experience. If this sounds interesting to you – get in touch!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.