As a financial technology service/company moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Due to continued and rapid growth we are now looking for a Financial Reporting Analyst to join the Regulatory Reporting team in Finance. Jointly with the Reporting team, Regional Controllers and other stakeholders, you will own the responsibility of collecting data for regulatory reporting, which is a key function for Wise. This role gives a great entry point to the world of Wise, as well as the chance to be at the very fundamental regulatory focused part of the business.
- Help pilot the rocket ship. Reporting capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, comply with regulatory, financial and tax requirements.
- Work with the Regulatory Reporting team and Regional Controllers to build compliant data and reports to submit to regulatory authorities and for internal control purposes.
- Create the reporting data back-up from our data systems in a timely fashion as per the definitions agreed with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work together with other finance teams, especially Finance Systems team (e.g. BI) to help create accurate reporting automatically from the source systems, with clear definitions, accurate and timely populated summary data layers and change management.
- Build and maintain other ad-hoc reports / models as required.
- Build new reports as required by stakeholders in visualisation tools e.g. looker, tableau, excel, sourcing the data through detailed SQL queries.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Own your own path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Expand your skills – once you’ve got a hang of your mission we can offer exciting opportunities in building efficient financial reporting processes.
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about the Finance area, fintech and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company.
A bit about you:
- Prior experience with detailed financial data analysis and reporting or management accounting.
- Built complex SQL queries for financial analysis, reports and models (ideally in a regulatory environment e.g. the payments space, but not critical).
- Dealt with internal or external stakeholders (preferably regulators) frequently, communicating reports, definitions, requirements etc.
- Self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here), learn new data structures and new analysis languages e.f. SQL, Python etc.
- Accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs and meeting deadlines.
- Have an ability to move beyond SQL and Excel and dig into raw data.
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of regulatory rules and frameworks.
- Flexibility to travel internationally for 10-15% time.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.