AML Reporting Team Lead
We are looking for a capable AML Reporting Team Lead to help us to lead the AML Reporting team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop a high-performing team and help save millions more people money.
We are looking for a capable AML Reporting Team Lead to help us to lead a team of suspicious activity reporting specialists in Tallinn.
The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise.
As an AML Reporting Team Lead you will be people's lead with a mindset that enables you to build strong and compliant processes. Making data-based decisions to improve and scale the team’s performance and quality, taking into account the risks surrounding the industry, products and regulations.
What you’ll get to do:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a suspicious activity reporting team;
- Measure your team's KPIs and manage capacity;
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation;
- Be accountable for quality assurance for AML reporting team, taking decisions within our policy framework;
- Understand and manage training for the team on our regulatory obligations and how our processes fulfill them;
- Confidently represent the policies and processes to regulators and auditors upon need;
- Communicate with customers to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy;
- Work with other teams in Wise to ensure compliance with regulations and manage operational impact of changes with focus on operational efficiency and customer experience.;
- Identify compliance risk in operational procedures and contribute to implementing changes as needed.
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done.
What we’re looking for:
- Very good verbal & written English, any other languages are a plus;
- Previous team leading experience;
- Previous experience in AML, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity will be beneficial;
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally;
- Great communication and presentation skills to support internal and external projects and audits;
- Good understanding of metrics and ability to analyse and move team’s performance;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player.
- Salary between 2700 – 3350 EUR depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Wellbeing support – You and your family have access to an Employee Assistance Program, where you’ll be able to speak to qualified counsellors for support on anything that matters to you
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year, and sports allowance
- Volunteering day off
- Hybrid model of flexible working.
NB! Please only apply, if you're legally authorised to work in the EU countries / have a working permit in Estonia.
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.