The CRM team at Wise is expanding to consolidate our efforts to develop our global and lifecycle and ad-hoc communications. We’re all about bringing value to our customers who deserve first-class communications so they make the most of their Wise account and avoid the terrible exchange rates from traditional banks.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 3 health days per year
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Private medical insurance
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a Senior CRM Manager to join our growing CRM team and support the expansion of our Global Wise products and customer base. The Global Senior CRM Manager will own, shape and deliver an effective communications strategy for Wise’s customers: from engaging and exciting product launches, to testing and building our B2C lifecycle communications.
The role will be based in London and will deliver best-in-class customer communications. The role will report into the London CRM team and follow the processes and practices agreed within the CRM team.
CRM at Wise is about making sure we develop the best global and regional lifecycle communications for our customers as well as keeping up with demand from other sides of the business.
We’re problem solvers – we work with our Product Marketing, Marketing Tech, Analytics, UX Research and Product teams to define and execute the strategy for product and marketing customer comms, across multiple channels (email, push notifications, in-app messages).
This role is ideal for candidates with mid-level experience who are passionate about driving product adoption and brand awareness. If you have Liquid and SQL experience and know how to use Braze this is an added bonus but it’s by no means required..
- Manage internal technical and non-technical stakeholder communication (Product Marketing Managers, Product Managers, UX Researchers, Designers, Copywriters, Tech team, Analysts etc.)
- Manage the end-to-end process for ad-hoc customer communication across all channels – email, push, in-app messages – from brief to execution and performance analysis.
- Own the lifecycle communications for customers
- Define and analyse customer segments and create bespoke optimisation plans.
- Analyse campaign performance and use data and insights to identify and implement opportunities for increasing engagement and conversion rates at all stages of the customer’s lifecycle journey.
- Manage and enforce Wise’s communication requests process.
- Manage the customer database health with a focus on retention and engagement: make sure all comms are in line with CRM best practices, compliance requirements, through appropriate channels and without errors.
- Responsible for email calendar management, deliverability and monthly reporting.
- Implement the localisation process for Wise’s international campaigns
- Maintain and implement a clear A/B testing plan.
First 3-6 months key projects and challenges:
- Deliver in collaboration with the Product Marketing and Product teams new and existing ad-hoc campaigns.
- Review and map out existing customer comms and identify opportunities for growth.
- Create and implement a successful onboarding journey for customers.
- Define and implement a testing strategy for comms.
- Build quarterly plans and forecasts for comms and assist the team with budgets and resource planning.
- 3-5 years experience in a B2B CRM role.
- Track record of successful cross-channel (email, push, in-app messages etc.) end-to-end planning, development and execution of large-scale engaging CRM campaigns, ideally for customers.
- Customer-first attitude: can demonstrate ability to put yourself in customer shoes and have a deep understanding of customer segmentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strive to have a customer-first mindset.
- Comfortable working with different departments and senior stakeholders. You can build relationships and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision.
- Self-starter and impact-driven: you enjoy taking ownership of projects with limited oversight. You thrive more on autonomy than structure. You’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership of your work. You come ready equipped with perseverance and a sizable sense of humour.
- Technically-savvy with a creative eye. You’re comfortable with technical matters, but you also care about how your comms look and what message you send to your customers.
- Quick learner and problem solver with a strong analytical mindset and eager to learn and develop with a passion for using data to improve campaign performance.
- Competency in coding HTML, CSS and Shopify Liquid.
- Experience using SQL and other analytical tools (Looker, GA, MixPannel etc.)
- Experience using Braze or similar cross-channel marketing platforms.
- Experience working in an international organisation.
- Experience with B2B engagement and retention campaigns.
- Copywriting experience.
Who we are:
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here:
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one is telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.