Global Payroll Specialist – Singapore!
We’re currently hiring for a Global Payroll Specialist to join our newly created global Payroll Team where you will work in our Singapore Office!
We’re looking for an energetic payroll superstar, with a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and a desire to contribute your payroll expertise and knowledge with our Global Payroll Team. You’ll have above-average understanding of Singapore payroll, its overall function, especially some interest and/or experience with additional APAC payrolls. This team plays a key role in providing excellent service to our local Wisers and other global teams. You’ll be accountable for the accurate, effective, and timely processing of your multiple payrolls/countries for each pay period.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re 2500+ Wisers strong, with over 70 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. We’re looking for new team members who will live our values, grow our culture, and drive our mission forward! 🚀
This exciting role will join a team that owns the overall global payroll process, including compliance, internal audit, and reconciliation across multiple APAC countries for Wise. You’ll complete a variety of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad-hoc tasks to ensure your payrolls are processed in accordance ahead of payroll deadlines.
This role will include partnering with our third-party payroll vendor and their advisors to strive for accuracy, reduce errors, and process payroll more efficiently. You will partner to develop robust & detailed processes to ensure the execution of payroll in an effective, efficient, and timely manner. Cross-training will be key!
This amazing role will also participate by providing a variety of deliverables, including global projects, pre-post payroll journals, internal audits, and more. Also, you will provide input regarding team goals, KPIs, efficiencies, process improvements, and future optimization of our payroll team – all while providing outstanding customer service. Always.
This role reports directly to the Global Head of Payroll Operations,, located in Tampa, Florida.
- You’ll be working on our Global Payroll Team, servicing 20+ countries using Workday (HRIS) and processing Payroll through an outsourced, Workday Certified Partner
- You’ll prepare, double-check, cross-check, review and analyze payrolls according to the established deadlines
- You’ll have complete ownership for the timely submission of your payroll inputs to our third party payroll provider
- You’ll partner with your Lead to recommend new approaches, policy and procedure changes towards continuous improvement within the team
- You’ll ensure your payrolls balance – always
- You’ll be accountable for all documentation within your historical payroll files
- Continue to increase Subject Matter Expertise on your allocated locations, on all payroll and legislative matters, providing support, as needed, to others
- Work with the Payroll team and the Global Payroll Lead to provide additional processing/transaction support, as needed
- You’ll partner with the team to ensure compliance across all locations globally, to include International, and local payroll tax laws. All the while, meeting applicable timelines effectively and efficiently
- Stay current with regulation changes affecting your payrolls to ensure accuracy and service to our customers
- Partner to complete and respond to regulatory agency inquiries
Financials, Audits, and Reporting:
- Responsible for outputs of your payrolls, such as payroll journals, GL files, and ad-hoc reporting
- You’ll ensure all reporting and data is completed timely
- We’re evolving our payroll model – you’ll have the chance to bring your brainpower and prior experience to help us build an outstanding payroll team as we continue to grow and scale
- You’ll assist to create efficiencies in our current ways of working and/or develop new ways while we implement payroll processing using our new global system
A bit about you
- Prior payroll processing experience of at least 3+ years in a high growth, product or service led company – this assists you to know how to deal with ambiguity, shifting priorities and come up with innovative solutions
- Experience processing Singapore and/or international payrolls (APAC a plus!) is required
- Strong payroll skills – you’ll have experience in all forms of preparing, processing, correcting, and auditing with all aspects of payroll – as well as the ability to learn new payroll processes efficiently
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal – Other languages are always welcome!
- Above average tech skills – particularly with Google Docs, Sheets, and Microsoft Excel for use of pivot tables, charts, etc – as well as being proficient in using payroll software
Nice to haves:
- Ideally a professional payroll certification to demonstrate your expertise within the field of payroll such as: APA certification (or similar
- Additional education such as an Associates or Bachelors Degree is encouraged, but not required
Stuff that’ll come naturally to you:
- Collaborative – you’ll have a passion and skill for building strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- Detail focused – you’ll have an eye for the details and an appreciation of data and analytics, using these two skills to drive your decisions
- Adaptable – you will be as comfortable working with ambiguity as you are with certainty. We need someone who can be agile enough to react respond to changing priorities, but be able to hold clear on the long term path ahead
- Curiosity to learn, grow – we don’t expect you to be an expert, but we’ll need you to have a positive, can-do attitude – with a willingness to learn new things
- Ability to multi-task – you must be able to handle multiple tasks – often at the same time. You’ll also have the ability to start, stop, pick-up and complete tasks on a recurring basis
- Teamwork focused – You excel in a teamwork-oriented setting. This role requires you to partner with your peers and cross-check of assigned payrolls
- You must already be legally authorized to work in Singapore, we cannot provide Visas for this role
- This is NOT a permanently remote position. This is a full-time position in Singapore so we’re only considering local candidates for this role
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Singapore office
Wise is located in Paya Lebar — a bustling intersection between the colourful historic neighbourhoods of Geylang and Joo Chiat.