As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us to be sustainable.
Due to continued and rapid growth we’re on the hunt for an experienced Finance professional to join our FP&A team in Shoreditch, London. You’ll be part of the team that helps pilot the rocket ship.
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. It is barely possible to achieve a mission without making data driven decisions across the board at TransferWise. Decisions should rely on financially compliant, reliable and timely data so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us being sustainable.
As an Analyst in Finance your role can span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe technical / operational teams – from helping us build a sustainable real time financial data engine, ensuring our financials are looking sustainable down to supporting stakeholders with data, modeling, data investigation and getting knowledge out of it. We can jointly decide what will be your first focus areas and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas and help us achieve our mission.
At Wise people and teams get a ton of freedom and autonomy, while definitely having a focus on some particular objectives and key results over different periods of time. Depending on our join team prioritization across the board and your personal growth preferences you can be focusing on:
- Worked with large (financial) systems, supporting their growth and working with the provided data
- Working with teams up and downstream to understand requirements and help team with implementation of new features
- Building and supporting control environment
- Experience with hands on data maintenance/management – data cleanup, analysis
- Communicate technical subjects clearly to a range of non-technical stakeholders
Due to COVID-19 we are currently working remotely but have access to the office at a reduced capacity. The Finance team is spread across several locations in Europe (currently London & Tallinn) while stakeholders work across the globe – from Brazil to Australia.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build an efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
The experience you’ll need:
- You have many years experience as a data analyst or a similar role in business facing teams or technical product building teams
- You have strong SQL skills, building experience in Python
- You have experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- You can develop data visualizations using typical BI tools (we use Looker, Tableau)
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach, solution
Bonus points for:
- Worked with PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Airflow
- Have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- Experience in start-ups and/or agile, dynamic work environments
- Experience in financial reporting and comfortable with accounting principles
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.