Wise is helping to build a new world – a world without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Our Global Workplace Team plays a key part in the employee experience at Wise, through our curated spaces, events and services.
We’re looking for a passionate and people-centric Workplace Community Receptionist to join us. Based at our Tallinn office, you will help us to support day-to-day operations to foster a great workplace experience. This is an awesome opportunity for someone that’s looking for an entry level role, who is eager to develop and learn within a dynamic and exciting Workplace Team.
Front desk and mail
Curate a welcoming and inclusive arrival experience for our 1200+ employees and visitors while maintaining the necessary level of building security.
Cover the Front Desk during the building’s core business hours (8.00-17.00) and support with:
- Making sure our Front Desk area is always clean and presentable as this is where the magic begins;
- Answering queries from our employee community via our Jira ticketing system, Slack channels and email. It could be anything from parking and food to getting new ice cube trays. You’ll be their hero!;
- Receiving, sorting, scanning and sending mail; managing our third-party courier services;
- Greeting our visitors, logging them in/out and making sure they have an unforgettable experience in our office;
- Ensuring that our physical space is fully operational and processes are running efficiently;
- Addressing day-to-day landlord queries and communication including coordinating and providing building access as necessary
Community communication management
We have a lot of exciting things going on in our day to day and a lot of information to share with our Wisers. You will be helping with:
- Informing our employee community about local information, building updates and upcoming events via putting together a weekly update;
- Supporting and guiding our employee community on how to use our amenities to help them maximise their productivity in the workplace;
- Assisting with the execution of some community events to promote employee networking, wellbeing and our mission;
- Taking care, updating, and building our internal wikipedia Confluence with the information all things Workplace so that our employee community could find the answers they are looking for with a smile on their face;
- Maintaining our food and drinks orders and working together with our partners and cleaning staff.
A bit about you:
- You enjoy working with people, have attention to detail and love being organised;
- You have some previous experience in hospitality, retail, events or workplace;
- You are fluent in Estonian and English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Great organisation, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Familiarity with excel, google suite and slack software tools;
- Passion and understanding of entrepreneurial, start-up or tech communities
- A keen interest in workplace or operations.
Salary: €1375 gross monthly + Stock options in a profitable company we like to make sure all our Wisers own a part of our success)
Other benefits include:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- Health days and additional sick leave compensation
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.