Payment Operations Team Lead (MEA)
We’re looking for a Payment Operations Lead to join our MEA (Middle East and Asia) team in Tallinn office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a leader of our Operations teams and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to develop a strong Operations team and support specialists on their personal growth paths.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Operations Team
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- Manage your team’s resources and their relevant skills, ensuring at all times a high-quality, high-speed workflow with optimal coverage.
- Increase the efficiency of the operations team while balancing the health and productivity of your specialists.
- Drive operational excellence, while building sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks.
- Ensure the team’s readiness to handle unexpected situations.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help drive the definition of our goals and vision while increasing the efficiency of the operations team and dreaming big, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Develop Wisers – You’ll scale culture and help to create a positive and motivating work environment for our Wisers. You’ll ensure the health and productivity of the specialists within your teams by helping to set the right culture and implement the right approaches. We don’t believe in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. You’ll also occasionally travel to work and learn with our teams in other locations!
- You are located anywhere in the world and willing to move to Tallinn, Estonia (visa and relocation are supported)
- You demonstrate leadership skills based on your previous work experience.
- You have a proven track record of moving metrics and reaching your KPI goals.
- You drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened.
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact.
- You’re comfortable working within teams that face complex issues and take charge in difficult situations.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You have a passion for technology, customer experience, and you want your work to have a positive impact on people.
- You’re a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers.
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to recognise areas you don’t know and the humility to learn.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter latest by 10th of December 2021.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions with relevant examples from your previous experience:
- What does healthy team culture mean to you? How do you make sure that your team has a healthy team culture? How do you make sure everyone in the team feels valued?
- How do you support the development of the specialists in your team?
- How do you solve a conflict within a team?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.