What you’ll be doing
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Growth and Forecasting team, part of the broader FP&A. The team is responsible for the development of accurate forecasts and advanced analytics to ensure that we grow sustainably. You will work closely with data scientists and use data and models to generate and deliver insights on our growth drivers.
At Wise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder. You’ll need to:
- Build a solid understanding on the relationships between the behaviour of our customers and our growth drivers through data analysis and modelling.
- Create data driven stories explaining our growth that are shared internally with stakeholders and externally to our investors.
- Own the delivery of insights — build visualizations, dashboards and decks that tell the growth story.
- Own the data — you are responsible for the data pipeline that powers the forecasting models, the analysis, and the dashboards.
- Work together with data scientists to build and use technically advanced, robust, and accurate forecasting models.
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team can have more impact.
The experience you’ll need
- You’ll have 5+ years’ experience as a technical data analyst or equivalent.
- You have experience with complex data analysis, you generated and delivered insights and narratives, built and owned dashboards and visualizations.
- You’ve got very strong SQL skills and extensive experience with one of the BI and visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Periscope, or Metabase).
- You are familiar with data pipelines and scheduling/workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi).
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions. You’re pragmatic and impact focused: you will choose Excel over Python if it is a better solution for the problem.
- You’ve worked with minimal direction before and are strong in structuring your approach to data analysis. You can communicate insights in a clear and structured manner both orally and in writing.
- Prior experience with Looker and Airflow, strong Python skills.
- You’ve worked with forecasting models before and have an understanding of statistics, econometrics, common machine learning algorithms.
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift).
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, whose roles in the Finance team include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.