Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Engineering Lead to join our mission. You’ll be leading, coaching and working with our product engineers, as well as collaborating with product managers, designers, and analysts to build the best product for our customers.
The team you’ll be working with: Comparison and Virality
The Comparison and Virality team are dedicated to driving growth and championing transparency of our services to our customers. Our goal is to help customers easily discover, evaluate and recommend Wise.
The team is responsible for building features across the breadth of the product that improve its core virality – streamlining the experience for networks of friends, family and businesses that interact through the platform. Under this remit the team owns our invite program, one of the most successful marketing channels where even the smallest changes have huge impact.
The team is a champion of transparency at Wise, exposing data collected from service providers across the industry. They help educate customers about hidden fees and empower them to select the best provider for their particular use case – even if that isn’t Wise!
We ensure that customer convenience and transparency is at the heart of everything we build. You’ll help us with architecting and engineering our comparison and invite products, as well as ideating and designing new features that contribute to the virality of our services.
What does it take?
- Being responsible for the overall health and productivity of the engineers within your team
- Fostering an environment of autonomy where everyone is encouraged to identify and prioritise customer problems and opportunities.
- Mentoring and supporting personal development plans for junior and senior team members alike.
- Providing feedback on architecture and approach and helping teams make data-driven decisions
- Collaborating well with peers and close teams in the squad to deliver cross functional and cross domain projects.
- Having an overview of what’s happening across the organisation and thinking about engineering as a whole
- Rolling your sleeves up and being involved in the entire process.
Is that you?
- You have experience in leading, coaching, mentoring and scaling driven and high performing teams
- You have an interest in FinTech and foreign exchange, and a passion for transparency in the industry
- You are comfortable working on big challenges and taking ownership of helping educate and onboard customers
- You enjoy building and designing scalable and performing systems
- You have a product engineering and customer focussed mindset, taking ownership of not just the how, but also the why of building products.
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What does success look like?
- You’ll have found your place in our mission by understanding how to drive engineering solutions and look to future challenges
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product has on their lives
- You’ll make contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company
- You’ll inspire a team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class global banking product that impacts millions of customers
What you get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
Find out more about our benefits in our London office
Interested? Find out more:
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.