Graduate Finance Specialist (ACA trainee)
As a Wise graduate in Finance, you’ll make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators and investors can trust us to be sustainable.
This is a brilliant opportunity for you to work while being supported to achieve the ACA qualification from the ICAEW. Supported by a training manager, you’ll work towards completing the ACA qualification across a 3 year programme.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 11 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations. As a Wise graduate in Finance, you’ll make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators and investors can trust us to be sustainable.
How you’ll contribute to our Finance team:
Your role will span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe specialist teams. You’ll help us build a robust engine to account for, and report on our Mission. You’ll also support business stakeholders to expand and fuel our Mission around the world. When you join the graduate programme, we’ll jointly decide what your first focus areas will be, and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas, and help us achieve our mission.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you’ll have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
In your 3 rotations as a Graduate Specialist:
- You’ll onboard (remotely if necessary) and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how finance works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Accounting to Margin Assurance teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the culture. We work in autonomous teams, so you’ll need time to understand how that works
- Interpret accounting policies and standards and ensure our processes are set up effectively and efficiently
- Work closely with regional controllers to understand our entity financials and ensure compliance against our regulatory requirements
- Assist in the production of our financial reporting and analysis, helping stakeholders to measure and monitor our financial results
- Improve our ability to forecast by collaborating with business owners and understanding each department’s cost footprint
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are a final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Finance, Economics, Financial Technology, Data Science (or something similar)
- Experience in financial reporting and familiarity with accounting principles
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach and solution
- You can work with minimal direction beforehand and are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- You have the right to work in Estonia
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- A previous finance internship, ideally at a fintech or start up
- Familiarity with SQL and/or experience using Python for data analysis
What you get back:
- 🚀 Stock options in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of team activities (currently being done remotely)
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our Tallinn office
Don’t mind the cold winters, Tallinn is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. It’s the perfect place to see what happens when old meets new.