We’re looking for two Research Leads to join our growing team in London. These roles are a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a design leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of people who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing
- You’ll build our understanding of people and businesses with cross-currency needs among our key markets in order to ensure we are focused on solving the right things for customers. Alternatively, you will be focusing on ensuring we understand how best to support our customers and deliver our support teams the best tools for the job.
- You’ll ensure that we build the right things the right way and support teams to evaluate their solutions to customer problems
- You’ll be one of the loudest voices for the customer – helping to talk about problems, needs and ideas in a way that creates real impact for our customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team – you’ll partner with your cross-functional peers, delivering insight and evidence to influence the squad’s vision, guiding the team’s in the squad. At the same time, you will be ensuring the researchers (and research) in the squad are having an impact.
- Fully own a complex space – you will lead and manage the development of complex studies, working across multiple teams in your squad to fully own an interconnected piece of the product. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with product design, copy, engineering, and PMs
- Be the expert – You will be a sought out partner across the squad for your understanding, helping others to grasp and speak to data and broader social themes and behaviours
- Grow the research practice – The research team at Wise is growing and you will be part of helping establish how we conduct research at a global scale
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal!
- You have demonstrable experience of a wide range of both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable initiating and running multi-national, immersive and long-term studies
- You’re a fantastic communicator and are able to not only share insights in manageable and simple ways, you also build working relationships which facilitate discussion and collaboration
- You have experience advising on product strategy, particularly research initiatives, and working with cross-discipline peers to define the roadmap
- You bring with you a rigorous research practice that puts you in an ideal position to advise. coach and mentor others
- You’re able to work autonomously, but also within a team – whether that be your product squad or the broader research team.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You might have worked in the fin tech space before or have a background in finance or payments.
- You might have worked in customer support environments previously
- You might have experience working in a product-driven company
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.